Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a car in 6 months . im planning to save up around 10 grand just for a car.its really hard finding the right one with so many choices, that's why im asking here/

things i want in my car:

4 door (sedan)
atlest 300bhp
manual/auto transmission (i know audi calls theirs tiptronic)
nothing with high mantietance
something i can drive all year.
atlest 20mpg(higher the better becuase i plan to drive the car ALOT) .

i don't have alot of knowledge on cars but the best i could find was the Audi s4 2000-2001, found one for 12,500 that was fully loaded and had 425hp. i like the audi s4 because its German (i <3 German engineering) ,luxury, not 2 expansive, comfy, leather seats, tiptronic trans ect...

edit: if im not clear, please ask for more details because its hard to explain.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Half of what you want don't exactly match. lol

You basically want a fast sedan with no maintenance costs.

Audi requires a decent amount of maint. in my experience.

I'd buy an E39 5 series and either modify it some reliably or enjoy it as is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"no maintenance costs. " im fine with a above average maintenance cos,t but nothing sky night. i have a couple of mechanics that will help me out for free(freinds/family). so if it requires alot of maintenance that's fine. if parts break down n need replacement then its a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Project Triangle: Fast, Good, Cheap. You can only pick 2.
the Audi s4 2000-2001 that i mentioned dose match thoes 3. im not looking for the fastest, highest quaility and cheapest car. there's a balance that im looking for, im just looking to find the right one and taking any suggestions that might seem to fit what im looking.

looking at the WRX now, good suggestion ty :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Have had an 02 B5 S4 in the family since new and it's definitely not what you want if you are looking for cheap maintenance. The Subaru suggestion is best IMO.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
You do not want an STi if it's offered at $10k.

There are a TON of nice WRXs at that price point. If you want more luxury, look at the Legacy GT.

SRT4, again no luxury, but it is the best bang for the buck.

'98-'00 XJR

Nick

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you get an S4 stay away from the 2.7TT unless the turbos have been replaced, every single one I've seen close to your price range blows the turbos within 2000 miles or already has.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts