Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on LPower, but I would like more opinions on this.

I am looking at an '03 with 18k miles, bone stock.

I always ran with the number of 30k as when to adjust the valves, but was told that they should be done at 15k. This car is at 18k and hasn't had them done. Does anyone have input on the discrepancies in the time period?

When I started the car it idled between 1,000-1,250rpm from cold until the water temp was at operating temp, the oil temp was still cold. Is this normal? I've only been around 640s, which seem to have a solid idle.

No history of when the clutch was replaced (I'm sure I could dig to see when it was done). With this mileage, I assume that it isn't the original clutch.

2 owner car.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
323 Posts
30K is the valve work..

1000 to 1250 "hunting" is normal till it reaches temp..approx 4-6 minutes

clutch should go 30K if it was treated right

whats the price on it..?

I have an EXCELLENT 2003 Pearl Orange on my site...make me an offer.

Roy

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Right now the price hasn't changed, but it comes with the 15k service, they included a valve job & tires (sent me the offer after I started the thread) and give me $35k for the Viper. So it isn't a bad deal at all. But I was offered an e-gear '05 roadster for the same amount as the '03, but the clutch-snap was at 25%. I'm really leaning towards the '03 car and it's local.

I'll check out your car Roy.

Nick

·
Silver Sponsor
88 Posts
Lamborghini says the valve adjust should be done at 15k, that is a good deal if he is including the service and tires !

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lamborghini says the valve adjust should be done at 15k, that is a good deal if he is including the service and tires !

yes, valve "Adjust"

Poster said "Valve JOB" which is more than an adjust, the 30K one gets new valve guides...if I am not mistaken..the 15k is just and Adjust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts