Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My wife is turning 30 in February, and I wanted to give her something special. She really loves these styles if watches (Van Clef or AP Millenary) but I came across this model made by Perrelet and have never heard of them (I used to be in the watch business when I was younger!)

According to their site, they "invented" the automatic watch and have been around for ages.

Here is the link to the watch....
Perrelet SA: A7002-1

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, warnings, encouragements, etc, in regards to this brand, and what you think of it. I appreciate any and all help!

Happy holidays everyone!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I have a Perrelet Jump Hour. Great watch. They are not main stream as many others, but the quality and craftsmanship are outstanding.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I'm a fan of their watches. Everyone I've seen in person has been very high quality.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Great looking watches just not a big fan of the coined edge...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I wanted to hear. It seems they have almost no authorized dealers in the US, but I guess that's what you get with an "independent" brand. I can get the watch I want for almost 60% off MSRP, and there is nothing even CLOSE to their looks and quality for the price.

·
10,594 Posts
Abraham-Louis Perrelet is someone everyone should know, he invented the first automatic movement. I've owned a couple of his pieces and they are one of the few bargains left if purchased discounted. Its a small independant watch house. Since 1777.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Thats what I wanted to hear. It seems they have almost no authorized dealers in the US, but I guess that's what you get with an "independent" brand. I can get the watch I want for almost 60% off MSRP, and there is nothing even CLOSE to their looks and quality for the price.
She's going to be thrilled.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Can you PM me the information on where your getting it?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot guys....Now undecided if I want the one above or this one....

Damn, choices are hard...

·
5,744 Posts
Would be interested in the prices on these. I like the white one.

-Markus-

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The white one is going for about $7500. MSRP is 13K.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts