Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very interested in the Heuer Calculator. The watch looks timeless (no pun intended).
I've seen some online for sale around $3k. What is there to look for when looking at these older 1970's watches?
Quality? Movement?
How do you do a "PPI"?
How does one assess current market value on a vintage watch as such?
Do they retain value?

ImageUploadedByAG Free1391263986.293235.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I picked up a vintage Tag Heuer Chrono off ebay in great condition from a reputable seller and month after owning the watch had to send it to tag for a $600 service. Love vintage watches but its always a bit of a dice roll.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up a vintage Tag Heuer Chrono off ebay in great condition from a reputable seller and month after owning the watch had to send it to tag for a $600 service. Love vintage watches but its always a bit of a dice roll.
Oh man, what service had to be done?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
^ Tag had to replace the entire movement. I will be honest though I was rough on the watch just wearing it a lot while active in sports etc. Moving forward I am going to take it easy on it. Great thing about Tags whether old or new there service center is excellent and relatively quick compared to some other high end brands. Buy from a reputable seller and you should be ok. Great looking watch post pics if you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I got it off of watchrecon from someone in San Francisco. Had it serviced and inspected.. runs like a dream although be mindful of that era with the plexi type glass on the watch. Aside from that, i take it out of the safe for days i know i wont be too hard on it. I enjoy wearing it and just looking at it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts