Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looking at a Diesel truck 4x4 around 20s. Id love a brand new ram 2500 but i have to pay for college out of pocket next year. :bitenails:

At that price we looking at around 100,000 Miles

I want to know what you guys know about fords and chevys.
MPG and Reliability are my biggest things on the check list.

I drove a 2005 HD2500 diesel with like 140k miles and it drove super nice, I haven't driven a Ford with that many miles so im stuck on which to look for.. The fords do come lifted more often which is a plus..

lmk what you guys think is the better truck lol

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah dude that deal is way sick!! Unless he has like 200k miles its at least worth like 35k.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
ok...if you are towing

I prefer the big fords for their chassis.
I prefer the big dodge for that cummins
I prefer the big chevy for that allison.

I have owned them all including an international cxt. .curently own a few ford 350s (including a lifted kingranch dually) and all my work trucks are dodge 3500s 4xd.

if i was buying a new truck...i would buy a dodge.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about this... I wont be towing weekly, but occasionally. Maybe a couple trips to Mexico with some bikes/pre runners. Otherwise weekends quad on the back. I don't mind diesel since its only like .25 cents more a gallon right now than gas.
I will be looking at a nice 24-26ft enclosed trailer to haul the Rx3 in the future. So nothing to heavy anyways.

Im stuck between chevy and ford. I don't particularly like the Dodge truck, though the engine is nice.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so you think the 6.0 is a good engine? I always hear bad things about it but don't know first hand.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
well...you could always get a used 7.3.

those are bulletproof...and if you want a project....they do swap cummins into the fords...they call em fummins.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
the megacab is nice....lots of room..but sucks ass if you have a gooseneck.

are you opposed to dualls?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah they are sick looking trucks. ill get a regular hitch trailer dont need anything bigger...

duallies, well i don't plant to haul anything large so probably don't need it.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
true...but they look cool lol...and the nicest lifted truck that i have ever seen was a few days back when a gentleman pulled up in a new black dodge 3500 with black wheels.
and all the emplems and bolts painted red..looked cool as hell...

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
The new lowered chevy dullies with big ass wheels look sick. There's a guy by me with one and it's a matte grey color such a bad ass truck. He has rockstar wheels on it which I hate but they look super clean. Gunna snap a pic next time I see it. I think there's a camo wrapped one grey and black camo that I've also seen

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
The new lowered chevy dullies with big ass wheels look sick. There's a guy by me with one and it's a matte grey color such a bad ass truck. He has rockstar wheels on it which I hate but they look super clean. Gunna snap a pic next time I see it. I think there's a camo wrapped one grey and black camo that I've also seen
I daily drive a lowered f350 dually that runs 12s...they are fun..but i prefer my wifes lifted kingranch dually a lot more...I will never buy a 2wd truck again.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well see im gonna drive this truck to school!! lol and parking it may be a little complecated. I do like the look of some duallies but i don't need one just yet. I always wanted a older Dodge extended cab dually all slammed and murdered out. Get some nice black semi looking wheels on it too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts