Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, but why do so many people opt for the LWB version of cars such as the S-Klasse and 7-Series if they're driving it themselves? It would make sense to me if they would get chauffeured, but they don't.

Is the rear leg room that different? Thoughts?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
more rear leg room, if they have families with taller children it helps

·
Registered
332 Posts
Off the top of my head I can think of three reasons. First, it could be that they like the asthetics of the car better. Second, that the car has a better feel to them in comparison to the shorter wheelbase. Third, they got a better deal on it.

As support I suggest you look at a Pony Car from the late 1960's as a striking example. Look at a 1968 AMX and a 1968 Javelin. The chassis was shortened to make the AMX. IMHO, it destroyed the asthetics of the car. A 7-series BMW and a S-class Mercedes don't suffer the same issues as dramatically.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off the top of my head I can think of three reasons. First, it could be that they like the asthetics of the car better. Second, that the car has a better feel to them in comparison to the shorter wheelbase. Third, they got a better deal on it.

As support I suggest you look at a Pony Car from the late 1960's as a striking example. Look at a 1968 AMX and a 1968 Javelin. The chassis was shortened to make the AMX. IMHO, it destroyed the asthetics of the car. A 7-series BMW and a S-class Mercedes don't suffer the same issues as dramatically.
Personally, I like the AMX. It's stubby, sure, but it's got cojones.

I was just wondering is all. Personally, I'd get the SWB versions.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We have 7' L version. The reason for it was that we and some of our friends are tall ones (1,90 meters and more) so bonus head and leg space makes trips comfortable for everyone. And when we were buying it they had some kind of sale or what, and they price for normal and L versions were nearly same.

Since our family trips contains 2 people (Me and Dad) its pointless. It fells kinda creepy when you look back and see you have like a whole hall in back and its empty :D And when you talk it makes echo :]

Apart there bonuses it's really hard to park it in old-town since all parking spaces are for small/medium cars so whenever we go to city by car we spend like 20 min. just looking for the place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts