Enjoy!

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
I don't get it...

·
Registered
332 Posts
If the pilot/co-pilot can't taxi and line up the aircraft to their satisfaction with the centerline of the runway then they need to plan better. I'm a bit of a stickler about that too. It's a perfectionist and control feak thing.

Maybe they were a bit confused by all the lighting present. Seems like a bit much IMHO. Maybe someone needs to click the mic a few times and bring the intensity down a notch or two.

·
Registered
570 Posts
first off...if you heard half the things said in the cockpit you would understand that this video has absolutly NO signifigance AT ALL.

second...who cares if you arent lined up exactly square??? guess what you can do as soon as you start the roll? ding ding ding! line it back up!

oh and if you are confused by runway lighting you probably shouldnt be at the controls...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@c6vette: If you notice that is a 200+ Ft. aircraft with a 200ft wingspan lining up on the runway, not a small little 60-70 ft jet. You don't know what the exact position was when it turned before the pilot corrected the mistake so just rolling into the middle of the RWY especially during take off wasn't probably a choice.

Therefore, it's easy to just sit here and assume they weren't smart enough to roll into the centerline on takeoff.

- Just my 2cents lol

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe they were a bit confused by all the lighting present. Seems like a bit much IMHO. Maybe someone needs to click the mic a few times and bring the intensity down a notch or two.
Probably not a PCL/PAL runway since it's not an uncontrolled or lightly used runway from what I can tell in the video.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
@c6vette: If you notice that is a 200+ Ft. aircraft with a 200ft wingspan lining up on the runway, not a small little 60-70 ft jet. You don't know what the exact position was when it turned before the pilot corrected the mistake so just rolling into the middle of the RWY especially during take off wasn't probably a choice.

Therefore, it's easy to just sit here and assume they weren't smart enough to roll into the centerline on takeoff.

- Just my 2cents lol
If flying is what you do for a living and someone has entrusted their life to you then I would hope that centering on a runway would not stump you. If finding the center is something that is not easy then I would hope you would go into a different field.

(and the "you" was not really directed towards YOU... just a general you) ((tried to insert a smiley here and the damn things won't work!))

·
Registered
570 Posts
im not saying lining up right isnt something you should think about but unless you are grossly off centerline then it really doesnt matter that much even in a large airliner. there are lots of things that can temporarily distract you especially at a busy airport. seemed like in the video they were only far enough off to warrant one bleeped out cuss word. its pretty hard to tell anything at all from that vid. if you want to get really picky about it lets start talking about sterile cockpits and use of electronic devices below 10000ft.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
c6vette: I know I was just making sure people understood that just punching the throttle and correcting your form later on is not a possibility unless ur a little bit off center as u mentioned. lol I know what you mean abt the sterile cockpits. hahaha

"Captain, may I come in here for a smoke? Sure no problem! Matter of fact I'll join you" :lol:

Next thing you know, there are 5 crew members between the door and the jumpseat smoking at 41,000 ft. :whistle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts