Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Strategic Partner
225 Posts
$120,000 one way in a G4 or G5 is about right. Approx. $10,000 per hour. The lay over, 10 days, would be the extra cost.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
geez. What is the capacity of the G4/5?

If there were more people going, the cost might substantiate itself.

·
Registered
182 Posts
lol. I am semi-comfy in a Continental first class seat on domestic flights. I'd be more comfortable with more room, but width wise, they work. I'm 6'5", so leg room is always a concern, as is shoulder room.
yeah

from my waist to my knees is a shorter distance than from the seat back to my tray.... econ = hell :(

·
Banned
656 Posts
geez. What is the capacity of the G4/5?

If there were more people going, the cost might substantiate itself.
Its 14 passengers max. but imo 12 is comfortable. If you are going with a large group your right it would be worth it. But if you have a small group like I did, it was a waste of money.

·
Strategic Partner
225 Posts
Yeah get a VLJ if your distance is small. The capacity also depends on the cabin configuration.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I was really just hoping for two friends and myself to get to Moscow, maybe with a stopover in London and Amsterdam (one on the way there, the other on the way back) in comfort and luxury. I was figuring on 18k for the lot. Booooooooy was I off.

Oh well, I've still got the itch to take a trip, so I'm debating between LA, Vegas or NYC. Rent a car, chill for a few days, then head home.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
seriously its not about being able to afford it. its a matter of how selfish would you have to be to spend money like that on traveling when kids in all of our cities go to sleep hungry. some thing to think about.
It isn't selfish in the least.

·
Registered
694 Posts
seriously its not about being able to afford it. its a matter of how selfish would you have to be to spend money like that on traveling when kids in all of our cities go to sleep hungry. some thing to think about.
So instead of buying your GT3, why didn't you buy a used Camry and donate the difference to charity? They both get you from A to B.

Look, this isn't anything personal against you, but you need to think before you attack someone like that and declare them selfish. Its extravagent and way more than I would pay (could I even afford it), but that doesn't make it wrong.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm revoking your privilege to post until you get a brain

Spending what you've earned is not selfish you pinko commie

·
Strategic Partner
225 Posts
Thomas........Departing from where to those locations?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Did you look into Singapore Airlines yet?!?! You'll save yourself alot of money and it is a great airline.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is this guy serious ... You're on the wrong forum -- Sell all of your luxury and stop playing ... Go volunteer and feed the homeless.

·
Registered
243 Posts
And how does this logic not apply to the GT3 you own? I'm sure those funds could feed many families for many years who are less fortunate.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts