Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
The way some of you guys talk, I'm surprised that the $71k shocks anyone! From some of the posts on here, I thought everyone here was a gazzilionaire...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
For me its a touristic seating, the cheapest not like if I paid 50 times the amount I'd arrive earlier.
Sometimes you even get lucky in Economy class. My boss wouldn't spring for a seat upgrade for my trip to Japan, but on both flights I managed to get an entire row to myself. There's nothing like being able to lay down flat in the 'prole' section!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That is hilarious.... I took a similar trip, I went from NY to Dubai roundtrip on a G4 was 264k. But for a commercial airline 71k is absurd!!! I blinked a few times when I saw 71k Im sure you did the same!!!
You joined a few weeks ago, already have over 500 posts on here, and have time to make that kinda money while spending that much time online?

Wow.

Must be nice . . .

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
That is hilarious.... I took a similar trip, I went from NY to Dubai roundtrip on a G4 was 264k. But for a commercial airline 71k is absurd!!! I blinked a few times when I saw 71k Im sure you did the same!!!
May jaw is on the floor!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
So, I just spent 20 minutes trying to book a trip to Moscow for two friends and myself from Houston. I opted for first class and the trip cost was...

...$71,000.00

What in the mother of flux? I think this was for the private cabins, which might explain it, but DAMN.

Can't one charter a jet for that much?
This is classic $71k for three people to lfy round trip to Moscow? That much money would cover about the last 5 years worth of airfares and vacations around different countries I have visited with the wife, child and I! And we travel business class 90% of the time don't see what your getting for your money? I quess I am just cheap?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
+1 for business class..

This is classic $71k for three people to lfy round trip to Moscow? That much money would cover about the last 5 years worth of airfares and vacations around different countries I have visited with the wife, child and I! And we travel business class 90% of the time don't see what your getting for your money? I quess I am just cheap?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Economy isn't THAT bad anymore, at least you get your own TV now...

Of course for 71K I guess you'd be travelling in style.

The 71k is three people in the private cabin first class I think. The fold down bed you showed, I believe, is business, which is fine with me. I can't do coach/economy because I'm both tall AND fat. Airplanes are my worst nightmare unless I'm in first.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You're not cheap, they are just insane!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The 71k is three people in the private cabin first class I think. The fold down bed you showed, I believe, is business, which is fine with me. I can't do coach/economy because I'm both tall AND fat. Airplanes are my worst nightmare unless I'm in first.
I think you're right, the second picture with the leather seat looks like it might be a private cabin, but I'm not sure it's worth 24K to sit there for 30 hours!

I guess I'm lucky, I'm only about 5'10''/140lb so the economy seats are plenty wide enough, and I can even stretch out my legs a bit. ;)

note to self- hit the gym and bulk up!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I think you're right, the second picture with the leather seat looks like it might be a private cabin, but I'm not sure it's worth 24K to sit there for 30 hours!

I guess I'm lucky, I'm only about 5'10''/140lb so the economy seats are plenty wide enough, and I can even stretch out my legs a bit. ;)

note to self- hit the gym and bulk up!
lol. I am semi-comfy in a Continental first class seat on domestic flights. I'd be more comfortable with more room, but width wise, they work. I'm 6'5", so leg room is always a concern, as is shoulder room.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sometimes you even get lucky in Economy class. My boss wouldn't spring for a seat upgrade for my trip to Japan, but on both flights I managed to get an entire row to myself. There's nothing like being able to lay down flat in the 'prole' section!
I agree, well flying is fun but I hate just setting there on the seat. Wish if there was a tread mill or a small mini gym just to waste time. My regular Car magazines finish in minutes, I usually purchase 10 and just cant be bothered in reading just looking at the pics.

·
Registered
182 Posts
@streetpreacher

Not everyone has updated their fleet.... hell...domestic flights have more legroom and nicer seats than some trans atlantic

not looking forward to the 16.5 hour flight nyc to dxb in a few weeks...

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Economy isn't THAT bad anymore, at least you get your own TV now...

Of course for 71K I guess you'd be travelling in style.

As comfy as this looks, ummm not for $71k. Now I don't even feel like I spent a lot on my Japan flight at $700 back in 03. :whistle:

But a good suggestion from someone for the singapore flight and connect to into Moscow. singapore has their own monitors with lovely flight attendants...:bow1:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm happy in the poor seats(on Emirates). On demand movies, tv shows, vid games etc.. comfy seats, good space, and good food.

And sheynk, I did the dxb to nyc direct flight, it wasn't bad actually. I thought it was gonna suck, but honestly, it felt like any other 8-9 hour international flight I've been on, barely felt longer. I guess it's the mindset that it's gonna be long as hell, so you just settle in and go for the ride. But they take care of you well, so it isn't that bad.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts