Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have/know of any good locations to take automotive photos on long island??

·
Registered
204 Posts
You mean random photos of cars sitting/passing by? Or do you mean locations for shoots with a car you have? If the later id say robert moses state park is a nice place.. it all depends what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
locations for shoots with my own car... i need to take photos for my photography class. The teacher said that if we put our portfolio together and hand it in by November 20th, I can be done with the class 3 weeks early :woohoo: The only catch is that it has to come out really good. The teacher is a car guy so i figure that if i get some sick shots of me and my friends cars ill be hooked.

·
Registered
934 Posts
where are you on long island

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
syosset

·
Registered
934 Posts
oh im in plainview, i would say the industrial areas if u want good lighting or go to bayvillie and try to get natural light from the sunset or something, where do you live by?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
off south oyster bay on birchwood park drive...its kinda across from the plainview shopping center

·
Registered
934 Posts
oh ok i now where you are go to like the geico area and find some good lighting over there where all the corp building are

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea ill check that out, im also gonna go over to oheka castle and c how it is over there

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea a friend of mines grandfather actually lives on gatsby lane, thanks for reminding me i didnt even think of that

·
Registered
790 Posts
Back in 2003 I project-managed a building rehab in Long Island City for a company I worked for. The area impressed me as one with a lot of potential for car shots. Naturally I don't have any specific address to offer. :eek: The building I worked on was in Hunters Point.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice thanks!.....i started taking pictures last night here's what i came up with...This is my first time doing a photoshoot so if you have any tips let me know. i need all the tips i can get

·
Registered
790 Posts
Not sure what gear you are using, but if you could get the flash off the camera and off to the side it might be easier to manage. Having the headlights on presents additional challenges, but the composition is good. Great subject. With cars the larger the light source the better. Some of the pros that I know use softboxes on strobes mounted on light stands off to the side of the vehicle. A cloudy day is the ultimate soft box! Shooting at sunrise/set can produce some great light. Just keep shooting and you'll get it all sorted out.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea its alot harder shooting with a dslr but its 100% worth it the pictures come out alot better. Im gonna try the softbox tonite.

·
Registered
934 Posts
not bad need alil more light i think

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
483 Posts
Infront of Bryant and Cooper
I was at B&C the other week. Had a nice conversation with a doc from st. francis getting into his gallardo.

Try Port Washington and maybe Sands Point (cops are not nice) for some water shots. Also, never underestimate the industrial look of a parking garage, try malls of busier industrial park areas. (ie. Roosevelt Field)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts