Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT IS GOING ON. Have any of you seen these? It's called the Lizardo and it's a kit car meant to look like the, yes, you guessed it, Gallardo. I've seen two different white ones and a yellow one in the last two weeks. I go to local car shows and I see so many of them it's stupid. I live in Sarasota, FL. Has anyone else even heard of this? Here's a facebook page that has their info: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.205847459479052.54997.196481907082274&type=3

And here's.. another page: Lizardo

It's odd because local people LOVE these, I mean they get so much positive attention it's just insane. I dont get it. I DONT. GET IT. The white one with black/red wheels is actually like 1 mile away from my house.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember the first time I saw the white one drive past me, at first I thought " oh hey a gallardo", then I thought "wait what the fvck was that". I followed it and the guy had red LED's in the grille and oh my god, it was a nightmare. A few weeks later I saw it at a car show with people drooling all over it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Now ... you've got ugly ... you've got hideous ... and then you end up with this.

I can appreciate a kit car as much as the next guy ... I know not everybody can buy and maintain a real Gallardo ... but if you do try to look like it ... do a better job.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Eww, people are defending it too, "It's not meant to be a replica it's a supposed to be a different car" bullshit...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
InvaderMoose, I think the manufacturer may have done a poor job communicating to you the high value proposition this car conversion offers. I strongly urge you to reconsider buying a Fiero, performing the conversion yourself, and living with it for a while before criticizing it. This is obviously a high quality, safe, reliable, attractive, well-proportioned performance machine not at all deserving of critique and not at all likely to burn to the ground.
attractive to getting an ass beating if you're caught driving it in the wrong neighborhood!

·
Registered
91 Posts
According to the site "The idea was to build a car that borrowed some of the features from the Lamborghini Gallardo and create a completely fresh design without it looking like some sort of replica".......LOL this is funny but to each his own right?

·
Registered
271 Posts
FACEPALM... witht he amount of time and money that goes into building one of these atrocities couldn't these guys buy a nice bimmer or benz if they wanted to "flash cash" and roll around like a "big shot". I just don't get these....

·
Registered
913 Posts
^ was beaten to it, but seriously that is all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just saw the white and yellow one at another show. Both of them had a large crowd. GOD. I noticed today how funny they are. The sign by the car was saying "All American made exotic" and then the car had an italian flag painted onto the hood and calipers. LOL

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
from that page.....

The Lizardo is an American made exotic car with a European flair. It came about through the vision of Lazzaro Leal who wanted something different using the well proven fiero chassis. Lazzaro enlisted the help of Dan Wilkinson (fiberglass expert for fierofiberglass). Dan has more than 30 years experience in designing and building high end fiberglass boats from scratch as well as designing custom parts for cars.

The idea was to build a car that borrowed some of the features from the Lamborghini Gallardo and create a completely fresh design without it looking like some sort of replica. Dan added his own style while retaining the European look. The result is the Lizardo.

As a turnkey car the chassis is thoroughly checked out with new components added, such as suspension parts, brakes etc. It would come with the standard 2.8 V6 engine and original refurbished interior. The exception to this would be the sport seats that we supply. We also include Corvette tires and rims and of course, your choice of paint color. While as a true exotic car that looks like it should cost 100K, the base price is only 35K.

From this base car almost anything can be added. Any GM engine will fit into the chassis. We have a selection of interiors to choose from or a custom interior can be made. Power steering can also be added.

Our goal is to build a Lizardo that reflects as close as possible what the owner wants to see in his car. It can be the base car, one with all the extras or anything in between. It is a true exotic that is affordable, easy to maintain, fun to drive, and oh so much fun to be seen in. That's the Lizardo.
For less than turnkey options or for questions about having a Lizardo built for your taste, please em

1 - 20 of 38 Posts