Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering moving to SD around summer. My gf has few med school choices and SD is one of them. I'm a little tired of Boston weather and want something new in my life. I have my loft here and just got a garage so this year would be more exciting but at the same time I wouldn't mind renting it out for more than my mortgage.

How do you like San Diego?

What is the best part of the city to live in? New-ish apartments under $2000? I'm 24 so don't want to live in a college campus area but also would hate to live around retirement home areas.

How's the social life? Clubs, lounges, restaurant? Give me your input, I want to hear it all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
I live about an hour away and also looked into moving there. Party scene is pretty good in gaslamp district. All the nice places around the area will be more than 2k though unless you want a tiny condo.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
San Diego is amazing. There's a nice little night life there, however it's nothing like Vegas but that should be a given. Very young town so it's perfect since you're 24.

My buddy lives in Circa 37 and it's an amazing complex in between mission and fashion valley. Check it out!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I use to live in Rancho Santa Fe. Lots to do in the Metro area. Still miss it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just booked tix to San Diego at the end of January. Any clubs, lounges, restaurants that I should check out?

I'm open to more suggestions for cool buildings around San Diego, possibly close to UCSD. Hoping for 2005 or newer building with garage parking.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Just booked tix to San Diego at the end of January. Any clubs, lounges, restaurants that I should check out?

I'm open to more suggestions for cool buildings around San Diego, possibly close to UCSD. Hoping for 2005 or newer building with garage parking.
Voyeur is a nice club that sometimes has good DJ's. Andaz and the W hotel have some nice bars.

If you're looking for a low key happy hour kind of place, I like Fat Fish in PB. Super cheap mexican food in a cool environment.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
lot of cool spots out there man. Surprisingly theres nightlife every night. Gets crazy on monday lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you're looking for housing Carmel Pacific Ridge is extremely new (was completed in April) and is "resort style living". I think a 1 bedroom is ~$1600 a month but its supposed to be a very nice place to live. The only possible downside is that it's across the street from a university (USD), but it has covered parking. Definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Looking to move out there as well, heading there the 3rd weekend of Feb to look at a few places!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're looking for housing Carmel Pacific Ridge is extremely new (was completed in April) and is "resort style living". I think a 1 bedroom is ~$1600 a month but its supposed to be a very nice place to live. The only possible downside is that it's across the street from a university (USD), but it has covered parking. Definitely worth checking out.
omg yes! it appears to be $1795 but just what i'm looking for. also, being close to ucsd is a big plus as my gf will be going there for school.

now i need to come up with something for gather some income. i'm planning to do some Lyft/Uber but will need something stable. if anyone is looking for a well rounded partner, i'm open for ideas.

Looking to move out there as well, heading there the 3rd weekend of Feb to look at a few places!
when are you thinking about moving?

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
omg yes! it appears to be $1795 but just what i'm looking for. also, being close to ucsd is a big plus as my gf will be going there for school.
University of San Diego, not University of California at San Diego. One is inland, the other by La Jolla. La Jolla rent might be way more than $1795 just saying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
San Diego is fantastic. I've lived in Los Angeles and Denver. San Diego has it all. Outdoor activities as well as indoor fun and possibly the best driving roads on the planet. PM if you want to know more... would love to help.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
University of San Diego, not University of California at San Diego. One is inland, the other by La Jolla. La Jolla rent might be way more than $1795 just saying.
I noticed that once I posted it. I scheduled an appointment to see some apartments there. I like the idea and commute is not a problem. If you apply real life traffic, how long do you think it would take to get from there to La Jolla? (so weird there are spanish names, for someone coming from Boston).
San Diego is fantastic. I've lived in Los Angeles and Denver. San Diego has it all. Outdoor activities as well as indoor fun and possibly the best driving roads on the planet. PM if you want to know more... would love to help.
will send you a pm later on! thanks!

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Check out east village/ballpark district. It's a great 20-something place to be downtown.

while you're in SD, check out:
Pacific Beach (get fish taco's at LaHina's)
Gaslamp
Altitudes bar (great roof-top bar with views of the city/bay/ocean/point loma)
Fashion Valley is the big mall - Horton's Plaza is the small mall downtown
Little Italy is a good area
North Park is a good area

Depending on what days you're in SD, Symbolic has cars & coffee at its repair facilities

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Check out east village/ballpark district. It's a great 20-something place to be downtown.

while you're in SD, check out:
Pacific Beach (get fish taco's at LaHina's)
Gaslamp
Altitudes bar (great roof-top bar with views of the city/bay/ocean/point loma)
Fashion Valley is the big mall - Horton's Plaza is the small mall downtown
Little Italy is a good area
North Park is a good area

Depending on what days you're in SD, Symbolic has cars & coffee at its repair facilities
Good info. Thanks a lot!

ps. love your 996!

·
Registered
423 Posts
San Diego is my favorite city, and I've been to a lot of cities. I moved to OC to be in close proximity to SD, but not so close that I get used to it. Love it. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts