Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been poking around and see a few threads here and there about sushi places in japan and whatnot but not to many of peoples round town sushi places. Correct me if im wrong..

But for those of us who aren't planning on making a trip there any time soon I thought this thread might be helpful to everyone.

If your ever rolling through Corona, CA give Marui Sushi a try. I've been to a few different places around here and I think by far that this place is the best. The owner, Bruce, is a riot.. and on fri and sat nights.. he gets just as lit off of beer, and saki as his customers do.

NEXT!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
"Yamato" in Tucson, near First and Grant is excellent. Nubura, the owner, is a Tokyo native and he makes his sushi with tons of passion.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
in LA, takami in downtown is as good as it gets.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i'm a sushi snob, i'll admit it, and i only eat at 3-4 places in the US; so if you're in one of these towns, i'd suggest you check them out - they will change the way you think about sushi & they're worth every last one of those 50,000 pennies.

Urasawa (LA)
ChuckEats Urasawa (Los Angeles, CA) – The Spoils of Winter

Sawa (Sunnyvale / Bay Area)
ChuckEats Sawa (Sunnyvale, CA) – The Sashimi Club

Masa (NYC)
ChuckEats Masa (NYC) – My Best Sushi Meal

Go's Mart (LA, San Fernando valley)
ChuckEats Go’s Mart (Canoga Park, CA) – Secret Suburbia Sushi

Sushi Yasuda (NYC)
ChuckEats Sushi Yasuda (NY) – Supersonic Sushi

Kuruma Zushi (NYC) - no decent blog post for it

and if you go to japan, and get serious:

Sawada
ChuckEats Sawada (Tokyo) – Redux & Reloaded

Sushiso Masa
ChuckEats Sushiso Masa (Tokyo) – A Feast of Fish

- chuck

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Blue Nami in Roseville and Mikuni in Roseville, Downtown Sacramento or Fair Oaks

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Zushi Puzzle on Lombard in Sf is great. Roger the owner/chef is a character of epic proportions, but he knows his fish, and the variety is un-matche din the area!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
^Have you tried Shogun in downtown Santa Cruz? One of my favorite places....Native of SC and my buddy and I were regulars there for quite a while.

Whereabouts in Aptos if you don't mind me asking? My parents live in RDM.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
In Port Washington, NY or NYC Rock N Sake is really good. Very nice atmosphere and fresh amazing sushi.

Gotta try that! My biz partner lives in PW so next time I am around there I will go by. I usually hit up Mambo Sushi in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn the owners are cool and its a great atmosphere. Nice to grab some rolls and a beer, watch a few mins of the game at the bar.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts