Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
x2, takes more skill to get that kind of power per liter from n/a.
That's what I was going to say. I think the list is sort of BS since most of the cars are boosted. Some of the Honda Vtec engines really should be on there, for instance the JDM Civic Type R makes 240hp from a 2.0l NA powerplant...

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's what I was going to say. I think the list is sort of BS since most of the cars are boosted. Some of the Honda Vtec engines really should be on there, for instance the JDM Civic Type R makes 240hp from a 2.0l NA powerplant...
I was looking for a type R and was shocked not to see it. Honda has always boasted about their HP per Liter.

·
Sponsor
10,268 Posts
F430 makes 113 hp per liter NA.

Scuderia makes 116 hp per liter NA.

At least half of that list is "boosted". Yes that list is crap.

·
Registered
748 Posts
F430 makes 113 hp per liter NA.

Scuderia makes 116 hp per liter NA.

At least half of that list is "boosted". Yes that list is crap.
Even so, it's funny that the quad-turbo charged non-SS Veyron is towards the bottom of that list... A NA 458 Italia produces more power/liter than a car that has 4 turbo chargers???? :laugh::laugh: Forza Ferrari

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The JDM and Euro CRX 1.6 Vtec was making 100bhp/litre NA 20 years ago.

Mine now makes at least 131/litre and ~270/tonne with a little bit of boost :)

·
Banned
158 Posts
The JDM and Euro CRX 1.6 Vtec was making 100bhp/litre NA 20 years ago.
Civic EF9 was as well. I was lucky enough to swap that very engine (b16a) into my '91 Civic while I had it. Sooooo much fun from the get-go, lol. Also amazing what Honda did with engines 20 yrs ago...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts