1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted opinions on this watch?
Does it hold value? ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1400297673.809352.jpg

Sent from my CGT

·
Registered
848 Posts
LW makes some great pieces, I prefer their Spido series over the Oktopus though.

The Oktopus II has only been out for about two years now so hard to say how much it'll go down in coming years, but I have seen a few used ones going for about $7,000-$12,000 (model depending) Looks like they are taking a $3,000-$4,000 deprecation. But LW is pumping out a bunch of awesome pieces lately and demand for them is going up, I wouldn't expect taking too much of a hit on one.

Price New:
Linde Werdelin Oktopus II Titanium Red for $ 11,500 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

Price Used:
Linde Werdelin Oktopus II Red LW.OKT.II.DDR.1 Pre-owned for $ 7,900 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. It seems a bit risky to plunk down $10K for a new style watch. Yes I do see the used one has dropped some.
I really love the design and exclusivity of the watch but I wonder for $10k there are other modern style watches to look at. Can't go wrong with AP's but want something a bit unique. Any suggestions?

Sent from my CGT

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Not a purist piece, but they're gaining traction. I'd consider LW to have an average resale--they're not Rolex or PP, value-wise. Wouldn't hesitate to purchase.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My friend's father's friend had one on the other night, caught my eye and was surprised that some older people even knew what LW was, but its a stunning piece in person.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I was literally 0.001 seconds away from picking up THE ONE as my first watch but decided against it last minute due to funds at the time. It still remains one of my fav watches and would like to pick it up one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts