Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on limited edition numbers.
Would you rather have one of the first numbers say under 10, or have a number that possibly had a meaning to you but what say in the 90's?
I have been trying to figure out what I would prefer as have a choice to make, but thought I would get some opinions aswell.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derek, I have been in touch with a manufacturer and they are producing a limited number of watches. I have the option to pick the number of the limited edition, only the first few are taken so far.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think it depends on if you want to resell it. For example, I bought a Peter Lik print a while back, which was limited to 950 prints. The first handful were already taken, and I never plan on selling it anyways....so I picked a number that had meaning. We decided to pick 266/950. We got married on the 26th day of the 6th month.

Unless it's the first number, I really don't see much change in "value" from other numbers. Sometimes, depending on what the item is, the very last number of the production could be considered more valuable. (An example would be the very last Gallardo that Lamborghini produced)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I've often wondered about the numbering of things. I know one guy that made paintball guns and they made three #1's to people that were pains in the butt. I'm sure if something is $1000 and up the credibility of the numbers has to be better. lol My Lum-Tec M53 is #96.... I wonder who has #69? lol

Numbers mean nothing to me I don't know why a #1 would be worth more than the last number unless it was a huge collectors item and all other examples were lost or destroyed.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I really doubt that numbers mean anything in watches. That said, when I ordered my RGM, I asked what number I'd get, and they told me 130-140. My old Scout troop was #185, so I asked for that number. Had to wait a few extra months before my watch was ready...

Reactions: Hardc0re
1 - 10 of 10 Posts