Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lord of War
11,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at either the Xikar NXT or the Colibri Providence.

Thoughts on either?

Or should I look at something else?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Best touch lighter I have ever had is the Dupont Xtend (I think they're called something else now). I have had it for 4+ years and put it through the wash numerous times on accident and it still works like new. They're just over $100

Out of the two you mentioned above, I would go Xikar hands down. Colibris constantly break and need to be sent back to be fixed.

·
Lord of War
11,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I am very close to pulling the trigger and I really like the NXT best and seems its great bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Thank you. I am very close to pulling the trigger and I really like the NXT best and seems its great bang for the buck.
Your welcome. Xikar makes great products, and most, if not all have life time warrantys. I have broken a couple of their cutters, and they have sent me brand new ones free of charge!

·
Gold Sponsor
624 Posts
I will always stand by Xikar for there quality products! I am currently using there Trezo lighter. Its my favorite lighters they have produced, you should check it out Mitch. That Dupont Xtend is awesome as well!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Best touch lighter I have ever had is the Dupont Xtend (I think they're called something else now). I have had it for 4+ years and put it through the wash numerous times on accident and it still works like new. They're just over $100

Out of the two you mentioned above, I would go Xikar hands down. Colibris constantly break and need to be sent back to be fixed.
I cannot agree more on the S.T. Dupont X-Tend (now called MaxiJet). The best lighter I have used and owned. However, where on Earth do you find it for "just over 100$"? It retails at an average price of 200$ (between 150$-200$ online and 200$-300$ in retial stores).

PS: although the same lighter, the X-Tend was made in France and the MaxiJet is now made in China.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Secure,

What's your budget?

I would also go with the Xikar and also recommend the Siglo brand. Average price of 50$ and very reliable.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
where on Earth do you find it for "just over 100$"? It retails at an average price of 200$ (between 150$-200$ online and 200$-300$ in retial stores).
The prices must have gone up....maybe when they changed the name? I bought mine several years ago and for some reason $135 stands out in my mind. I know it was under $150

·
Registered
360 Posts
Its not pretty, but my blazer has never let me down.

For fancy, I've got ST Dupont.

Colibri's have had issues with dependability for me.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
The prices must have gone up....maybe when they changed the name? I bought mine several years ago and for some reason $135 stands out in my mind. I know it was under $150
I gotta say that the X-Tend has been in the market for quite some time now hence the price difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts