Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been doing research on a lift for my 2013 Ram 2500, and I had no idea the rabbit hole I had just plunged into. There are endless brands, price levels, and options, and for the life of me, I don't know what to choose.

Unless there is something I've missed, such as repeated quality control issues or something of the sort, I think I have finally settled on an 8" long arm BDS lift. It's within my price range and I've seen some good things about it, plus, for what it's worth, they offer a lifetime warranty. But even at this point, there are so many options within the kit itself, and frankly I don't know what I need or don't need.

The truck is a daily driver but will see light to moderate off road use. Mostly mud holes and mountain trails, and some snow every now and then. I don't need anything for extreme off roading or any Baja kind of stuff. I plan to put on 20" wheels and 37x13.5 tires. I originally wanted a 6" with the same wheel/tire setup, but I've heard a few people say they have had rubbing issues with a 6" with that large of tires.

So as for the options, here is what I can choose from:

-Rear lift: blocks (+$0) or springs (+$778)
-Front shocks: 5500 Series shocks (+0), Fox 2.0 shocks (+135), Dual 5500s (+728), Dual Fox 2.0s (+1132)
-Rear shocks: 5500 (+0), Dual 5500 (+184), Fox 2.0 (+135), Dual Fox 2.0 (+454)
-Steering Stabilizer: Stock, 5500 (+51), Dual 5500 T-style linkage (+183), Single 9500 (+104), Dual 9500 T-style (+289)
-Traction Bars (+578)
-Adjustable Front Track Bar (+336)
-Front Stainless Brake Lines (+156)
-Rear Stainless Brake Lines (+75)
-Carrier Bearing Drop Kit [Literally no idea what this is] (+30)

Any other advice or suggestions are welcome!

·
5,744 Posts
Springs, no blocks. Since you're staying within the confines of your stated options, definitely the foxs, big truck needs a decent shock.

Steel braided lines are always a good idea, especially if you plan to do some off high fun.

I'd recommend Carli suspension if you are still open to suggestions.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
A lot of guys I know own lifted trucks, but mostly Chevrolet. I don't own one, but I live in the South, so they're pretty common. 99% of guys I know buy complete kits, rather than piecing them together. Haven't heard many complaints about BDS, but I've also seen the cheapest Rough Country kits beat to death.

If you go 6", definitely go with 37's. With the right width/offset, I can't imagine anything more than a slight rub at full-turn. There are a few Rams rolling around my area on 35's with just leveling kits, so 37's would look a bit small on an 8" BDS, IMO. Best of luck with it, either way.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah I've heard some great things about Carli as well. They are still in the running. The options I stated were just the ones listed on the BDS site, so I'm open to any mix and match options.

I need to go see trucks with the 6" and 8" to get an idea for height and tire size I think. Pictures online don't really do them justice. I don't want it to look disproportionate. And I definitely don't want to end up with something that I will need like 40s to make it look right and it costs me an arm and a leg lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
So what did you end up going with? I have the Carli Pin-top 2.5 kit on my 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad and it has an incredible ride both off and on road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts