Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
auction for charity would have sure made more sense.. What a shame that our judicial system has approved so many lawsuits that you can't even give away a project car for fear of being sued over it if its not perfect.. sad sad times..

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
That IS C has some impressive structural rigidity, the IS-F flattened like a pancake

·
Registered
898 Posts
I saw pics of these the other day. What a waste.

Barrett-Jackson sells sema cars and show cars that can not be titled. The cars could have went to a better use. Why not just auction them for charity and help someone or feed some children that need help. Lots of good use could have come from them rather than scrap.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
and our government wonders why we have the most ridiculous deficit... wasting time, money, resources, and manpower on doing completely useless shit like this.

plus i see plenty of parts that could still be sold to make a profit, even if it was just given to charity.... seats, interior pieces, suspension components etc.... probably 50k worth of parts if you had someone disassemble and ebay everything.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
auction for charity would have sure made more sense.. What a shame that our judicial system has approved so many lawsuits that you can't even give away a project car for fear of being sued over it if its not perfect.. sad sad times..
Exactly. The problem arises with the potential liability of having someone driving around in a pre/non-production vehicle. I am sure they could have been sold with contractual terms outlined for off-road use only, but perhaps they didn't even want to take that risk.

At the Formula D event, the teams give away the used tires, but not before they drill large holes in the sidewalls. This is to prevent any frugal grassroots drifters from mounting the used tires on their own cars and suddenly becoming litigious when the tire blows out and the car flips.
:eek:hwell:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts