Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Wow. I've never seen an aftermarket wheel done proper on this car.
Well done!

- BigMarcus on HTC 1

·
Registered
365 Posts
Original looks better im afraid.. Love that you tried though!
Agree! 100% I was excited to see someone put wheels on an LFA, but the factory wheels looks way better.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Looks amazing! Personally like the stockers better, but these wheels do also compliment the car nicely.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Why is there so little hype about this car compared to other super/hyper cars? I have never experienced one, or seen one for that matter in person. Is it safe to assume that people do not necessarily think of "Lexus" when they think about buying an exotic car?

I have read the spec sheet on this car, and it is pretty respectable.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
maybe because it looks like a glorified 350z...its respectable but for the money there is better. We have one in our cars n coffee group and although it's awesome. It's not 300k awesome. Should cost 1/2 that

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
maybe because it looks like a glorified 350z...its respectable but for the money there is better. We have one in our cars n coffee group and although it's awesome. It's not 300k awesome. Should cost 1/2 that
One of the reasons why the LFA costs so much is because Lexus had to make a new factory specifically for the creation of the lightweight carbon fiber used in the car.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why is there so little hype about this car compared to other super/hyper cars? I have never experienced one, or seen one for that matter in person. Is it safe to assume that people do not necessarily think of "Lexus" when they think about buying an exotic car?

I have read the spec sheet on this car, and it is pretty respectable.
Jeremy Clarkson claims it is the best car he has ever driven, with the Stig agreeing until he drove the F12.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I guess the looks of it is what's most disappointing to me and strictly numbers wise it's not the best car on the track for the price.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It seems as if there is a load of technologically advanced options on the LFA compared to other cars in its class. I am sure that the "300k" price tag comes with more than just you "see" that resembles a "glorified 350z". It is presumable that you are judging the car based on its Japanese heritage (or lack there of). I would bet money that the LFA has a lot more to offer than meets the eye..

I guess its safe to assume that the LFA is just a car for a DIFFERENT kind of person. Not someone that wants to be the fastest, but someone who wants something almost as fast as the best, but will go under the radar because it is a "Lexus" and not a Lamborghini? People seem to pass the car up as "Overpriced". It seems like Lexus did a great job, but I cant speak factually since I have not experienced it personally. It is also remarkable to factor in the fact that this is their first take on a Hyper/Super car and for that reason alone- they have hit it on the nail IMHO.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I guess the looks of it is what's most disappointing to me and strictly numbers wise it's not the best car on the track for the price.
Sometimes its not always about what is the fastest out there. Sometimes people enjoy the thought of something put into a product and the research that went into it. You cannot deny there is a lot of forward thinking in the technology that the LFA has to offer. That forward thinking from Lexus is what will be used on a lot of cars down the road later, and you will see it but probably might not notice it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson claims it is the best car he has ever driven, with the Stig agreeing until he drove the F12.
I saw that episode. That is what is replaying through my head as I was asking why there was so little hype surrounding the car. It just tells you something about the world we live in. I have never been a fan of anything that was too hyped up. Most of the time, it never meets my expectations, but what could you expect, right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts