Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was invited to Nalley Lexus up in Roswell, Georgia to view this absolute phenomenal piece of kit. I record one of the first functional Lexus LFA's in the US. The car has a 4.8 Liter V-10 producing 552HP & the engine is linked to a similar SMG III transmission out of the BMW M5. In the video you can see many details of this wonderful Supercar inside & out, I also replicate startup procedure as well as an insane rev session. The car is priced around $375,000 & early US shipments should start in early 2011. I also would like to thank Yanay Weaver & Jevon Teague for bringing this wonderful piece of machinery out for the public to view as well as Lexus for creating such a beautiful car. Thanks & don't forget to Subscribe!!

FYI-The color is Millennium Yellow

YouTube - 2011 Lexus LFA Startups, INSANE Revs & Acceleration

Lexus LFA back angle | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Lexus LFA front angle | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
LExus LFA Front Angle 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Lexus LFA Engine | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
248 Posts
That is so ill. I had to plug the laptop up to the TV to enjoy the revs. I now understand the $375,000+ price tag. That GT-R thing sounds like crap in comparison.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is so ill. I had to plug the laptop up to the TV to enjoy the revs. I now understand the $375,000+ price tag. That GT-R thing sounds like crap in comparison.
Haha, I do the same, the car is an absolute beast & that V-10 is no joke...:D

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^he liked the car so much its his avatar! haha beautiful car though with a beautiful sound. Can't wait to see one in person.
If you are anywhere near miami it's headed there tonight....:bow1:

·
Registered
11 Posts
what a stupid car. who the hell wants to pay 400k for that? theres so many better cars that you can own for that price! especially the gtr which is less that a quarter of the cost of that thing.

im sorry but thats not worth anywhere close to 400k... it doesnt look like anything special, its body lines are alright at best. and honestly doubt this things able to perform against other cars in the 400k price range!

i mean think about it why is someone going to buy this thing when then can go out and buy just about every ferrari, lamborghini, porsche, mercedes black series or mclaren slr, ford gt, audi r8, dodge viper acr, saleen s7, etc. this car seems to be more in competition with the gtr and the gtr looks better, performs better, and is a fraction of the cost!

·
Registered
221 Posts
what a stupid car. who the hell wants to pay 400k for that? theres so many better cars that you can own for that price! especially the gtr which is less that a quarter of the cost of that thing.

im sorry but thats not worth anywhere close to 400k... it doesnt look like anything special, its body lines are alright at best. and honestly doubt this things able to perform against other cars in the 400k price range!

i mean think about it why is someone going to buy this thing when then can go out and buy just about every ferrari, lamborghini, porsche, mercedes black series or mclaren slr, ford gt, audi r8, dodge viper acr, saleen s7, etc. this car seems to be more in competition with the gtr and the gtr looks better, performs better, and is a fraction of the cost!
Lexus didn't build it to compete with any other car. It's designed entirely to be a project car to see what Lexus and Toyota could put together. They threw all their best ideas, parts and engineers together and said have it. The whole point of the LFA is so that technology used in the car actually gets developed and filters down through Lexus and Toyota so their cars can be built better.

On topic, I've said it before and I'll say it again, that's one of the best sounding engines ever. Makes it all worth it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I'm pretty sure that when you are in the market for $500,000 cars + Service & upkeep.....I HIGHLY doubt you will be thinking about price unless your an economist.....Yes it's not physically worth $400,000 but if you LIKED it enough you wouldn't care....That is what the supercar/hypercar/sportscar business is about....You aren't gonna tell me it only takes $85,000 to produce a GT-R because then you & every other Nissan affiliate would be lying....A lot of what goes into a purchase is individual taste & opinion, if the 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera was $750,000-$1,000,000,000 I would still be working my ass off to get one because I love that car I.E. my avatar.....So yes, is engineering & development & the overall package of the LF-A worth $400,000?? Hell No! But if that's what you want no matter what people say, would price matter??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts