Lewis Hamilton sounds like he’s done hunting for the Beast of the Green Hell . Rather than seeking the green supercar, he’s focusing his efforts on his own green machine.

The three-time world F1 champion has expressed a yearning to create his own extreme version of a Mercedes-AMG road car. The avid supercar owner didn’t offer any details on what’s in the works, only that "talks are already underway", while hinting the recently unveiled Mercedes-AMG GT R could be the basis of his creation.
"They told me they were doing this project and they'd love me to get involved. They showed me the car and when I first saw it, they'd already designed it. I had all these ideas, but they couldn’t be added to this model,” Hamilton said in an interview with Motoring.

"So, we've spoken about doing a limited-edition, an LH Series, at some stage. Whether it's this car or another one, I will be very, very hands on. I've been with Mercedes since I was 13 so it's a perfect place for me to be able to start and do something in the future, using their expertise."
One can only imagine what a Mercedes-AMG GT R ‘LH Edition’ could be. It goes without saying the car will pack more punch than what’s already offered from the 4.0-liter V8 twin-turbo engine. Rated at 585 PS (577 HP) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque, the soul of the LH edition should receive a significant boost.
Hamilton may need to wait his turn for a signature AMG GT, however: Mercedes is reportedly already planning a more powerful AMG GT than what they’ve just released.