Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years and years of seeing used 1 or 2 yr old cars go for more than sticker (not just listing for that) I want to buy something strictly for the purpose of making money. Lots of people are essentially getting paid to buy cars and I need to be one of them. I was about to put a deposit down on the Kubang/Urus/Bentley SUV a few years ago when we were promised an official car from each by this year and everything is still in its "rendering/spy" phase. I think the market desperately needs an elite class SUV, Range Rover has owned that market since it started to prosper and the Turbo S/X6M/X5M are the only other cars in it. Soon as people find out they can roll to soccer practice or the whole foods in there bentley wagon the dealerships will have to wear ski goggles to protect their faces from all the cash being thrown in them.

The aventador/F12/etc are out of my reach for investment pieces even with financing because I don't want tie up 80-90k down (20%) and I think those two ships have already sailed. I was torn between ordering the C7 Vette 6mo ago but that turned out to be a good decision to pass on. Im probally in the market for something loosely around 200k and Im expecting to make at least 10% ROI within 1-3mo of a new car being released. What are some options for what is coming out thats guaranteed to be in low supply high demand?

I have mixed feelings about the new m4, my family has owned over a half mill worth of bmws in the past 7 or so years including every M model and however quicker faster better the new gen is im worried it wont be the drivers car they always have been and if that will effect the desirability of it or make the e92/93 appreciate. BMW also does a good job of ordering volume and you also have the option of Euro delivery for free that the die hards will take advantage of.

I guess it needs to be something that non car people will want instantly and be willing to pay a little extra when they see it because they dont follow the up and coming and have to have it now.

I know there are plenty of owners here that have been an early owner of a new car and it going for more than sticker...

Thoughts?

**Edit: I want to avoid buying a used car that is appreciating as I don't want to "wait" for it, I also cant afford for an out of warranty problem like with a CGT, SLR or Ferrari/Lambo of any kind. My father has always wanted a Ford GT but refused to pay over sticker when they came out and looks like he will never own one now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
limited production

huracan maybe?
Thats a good shout.

The R8 replacement would also work.

The Rolls Royce Wraith would've worked, but you may have missed that one.
Same with the new 911 Turbo S.

Porsche Macan could also work.
Mercedes S65 when its released. (Ship has probably sailed on getting an early S63 order)
What ever Ferrari replaces the California with.
Same with what replaces the 458.

McLaren P1/918 Spyder/Next Bugatti - Those 3 are probably out of what you want to risk.

·
Registered
641 Posts
When I took delivery of my 458 spider I had to sign a right of first refusal agreement that for the first two years I have to sell the car back to the dealership at sticker and not to a private buyer. Otherwise I could have driven the spider off the lot and flipped it for $50k over. Do this once and you will never order a new Ferrari again. You can only order a new Ferrari from your local dealership so you are screwed. I would imagine the same deal goes for the huracan. Many exporters are sending new range rovers to China for profit so I imagine some changes are coming soon for that marquee.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
You are not going to get on the list for a new car at MSRP unless you are a valued client for that brand. You cant just walk into a dealership and say I want to own this, I want one of the first ones AND I want to pay MSRP. If it worked like that everyone would do it.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
You are not going to get on the list for a new car at MSRP unless you are a valued client for that brand. You cant just walk into a dealership and say I want to own this, I want one of the first ones AND I want to pay MSRP. If it worked like that everyone would do it.
by that logic, my idea is still the best

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
what is to stop car makers from just increasing their prices on these vehicles and removing the profit for secondhand sellers?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
If you want a car for serious invesment purposes, you are going to need to keep it more than 3 months, or you are going to have to up the money you can spend. Neither is easy, or cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts