Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice work.

I am not found of the piping on the card, but really appreciate the work.

However, do you simply glue back the door card or do you have a wizard technique to screw it back, then cover the lower screws ?

Please post pics of its console and dashboard.

Also please note it is called a Range Rover "L322" (manufacturer code name), the term "Vogue" being a trim level, not a model (bar Australia that indeed use the term "Vogue" for the L322 - I know this is confusing... :whistle:)

Thanks for sharing !

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Its a hell hard job to separate door cards and put them back together, there is no screws or nuts, they are hot melted together, only way to separate them is to use hammer, chisel and knifes, basicly must use a lot of force to work them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I meant when you put them back on the door itself, there are screws to hold the card to the door, including two all the way at the bottom.

On your pics one can -just- see that leather covers the screw holes, hence my question, how do you do that, if you do screw the card bat on the door?

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
He must not have used the screws again. There are still pins that secure the panel to the door.

YMBRE: You should get a plastic welding tool if you dont have one. Would make taking the panels apart a lot easier. We heat the welds up to pull the panels apart and then just plastic weld them back together for a factory fit...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice to see potential "competitors" giving each other tips, L4Play community is awesome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yes like Infamous says, I dont need to use this screw you talking about , because pins holds card so well even without it, that was also customers wich too to keep it without that hole

Infamous: You mean some hot air blower? yes I have those too, but only use this was`nt enough at this time. Thanks for mention of course. Second time I consider use some other technique, course every time I do that I still learn something.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice work! Looks like factory and not overdone like most! thumbs up! :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sweet, über win for sure Ymbre.

Even though the color combo is not my type, the work is impressive and deserves mucho thumbs up!

Congrats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just as brilliant as the G. Dude, seriously, you should move to the States ASAP. The market over here is pretty much the same when it comes to customizing.
The States would be perfect for your services.
Thanks for likeing!:) Here I live is basicly imbossible to find such a projects, because here are not that kind of cars a lot and owners are usually hardfisted.

If anybody makes me a good offer enough then I may think about that. It`s hard to start alone in a foreign state I imagine. Some west-coast would be good for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
The plastic welder looks like a soldering iron. I am telling ya it would make some things a hell of alot easier..

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
This has to be some of the best interior work I have ever seen!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts