Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure where to post this question, but I need help with fixing the interior door panel of my Maserati to help the leather match. In the photo below is a shot of NOS door panel that I bought for both sides of my Maserati Biturbo. As you can see, the black plastic portion of the door came without the panel attached in leather. However I have some leather to fix that to apply to my existing panel and apply to the door. As you can see from the last two photos, the leather I need to fix onto the panel to match seems to have more texture to it. Part of that texture (verticle) I think may be from where I stored it rolled up for years, and part of it may just be the leather texture itself. I tried laying it flat with cardboard on top with weights for a couple weeks, but it didn't seemt to flatten out. Is there any interior exterts to advise how I may fix that leather to the plastic panel to make it flat as possible? Maybe leather can be ironed to smooth it out somewhat? Actually I think the material on the doors may be some type of material other than actual leather.

NOS Maserati Doors by WIKD Cars & Such, on Flickr

New leather goes on this panel by WIKD Cars & Such, on Flickr

Maserati Door New and Old by WIKD Cars & Such, on Flickr

Maserati Door by WIKD Cars & Such, on Flickr

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may be best to contact an upholstery shop and see what they can suggest.
I think you are right, and maybe just have them attach it to that plastic piece, and then I assemble that piece to the door. I read on line to press with an iron with some cloth, so I did that and it did help a bit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
An upholstery shop is going to put glue on both pieces then use a steam gun to steam and stretch the new leather in place. Best left to the pros if you're looking for a really good result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts