Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my mom bought a new A6 Prestige a few weeks ago. She loves the car and it is the first new car she has ever owned in her life, (we grew up in a very different financial situation.) She has always washed her car every weekend and will no doubt be doing the same with the A6. For mothers day I want to get her a really good leather cleaner and conditioner that she can easily apply and will keep her interior leather soft and keep the factory fresh matte color. (The interior is Audi's nougat brown) I want to avoid her car getting the hard, shinning worn leather.

Any recommendations on what products to buy??
I am only familiar with Griot's Garage products when it comes to interiors so looking for a little guidance.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Leatherique cleaning system is my recommendation. This was developed for Bentley/RR hides, which is about as soft as it gets. I have tried just about every product, and there are few others that are as effective as this (however, others can also much easier to apply since this is a 2 step cleaning process). I order from DetailedImage, they seem to have the prices on this product, as well as my other favorite chem, Sonax full effect. :)

Bradley

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
^^^^^ agreed

The thing about leatherique, is that while its a two part deal, you dont ALWAYS have to do the two parts. If the leather is not soiled, just apply the conditioner (prestine clean). That would make it like any other leather product - wipe on, let soak in, wipe off with clean MF towel and let dry before use.

here it is over at detailedimage - 8oz will do a A6 about 6-8 times, so its good for a year
Leatherique Prestine Clean - 8 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

You will use a lot more of the rejuvenator oil, but less frequently so still 8oz should be good for a year
Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 8 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

here is a how to on the use
Leatherique Leather Care How-To | Ask a Pro Blog

·
Registered
790 Posts
First: I am a true believer of Leatherique. BUT, for a newer car and ease of use for mom, I would have her stick with the Griot's [the new spray is really good.] I use the Griot's spray on the newer cars and save the Leatherique for the 27 year old hides on the 560SL. Before Griot's came out with the Leather Spray I used Mequiars Gold leather stuff. Good, but for that non-glossy conditioning, I would recommend Griot's. Get her a stack of quality microfiber cloths and turn her loose!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys! Ordering Leatherique as soon as I get home

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
First: I am a true believer of Leatherique. BUT, for a newer car and ease of use for mom, I would have her stick with the Griot's [the new spray is really good.] I use the Griot's spray on the newer cars and save the Leatherique for the 27 year old hides on the 560SL. Before Griot's came out with the Leather Spray I used Mequiars Gold leather stuff. Good, but for that non-glossy conditioning, I would recommend Griot's. Get her a stack of quality microfiber cloths and turn her loose!
I think it really depends on the condition of the vehicle (even if it's new)

I just did a 2014 VW Touareg with around 2500 miles on it and the difference in the leather after I had applied Leatherique was night and day. Sure, it wasn't really all that dirty, but with a new car, you may be getting clean leather, but you might not be getting leather that is conditioned. When I was done, the leather was softer and more supple. Think about this long term in a leather interior and if you can keep the leather supple(pliable) you are less likely to get cracking and splitting down the road.

Plus it's buttery soft!

D!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts