Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys here it is. My father's lease on his Acura MDX is expiring on Wednesday and he has till then to make a decision on the MDX. Now, the mdx was involved in a head on collision, my brother crashed it into some pick-up, and it's had electrical problems of an indeterminate nature. So between that and the fact that my father has gotten sick of the size and fuel economy of the MDX he's looking at alternatives.

Now he really likes Acura. At the moment he's torn between the 2011 RDX turbo and TL, but he want's FWD instead of AWD for the fuel savings on both cars. We sat in both today and I was really impressed by the TL, not so much by the RDX. Good materials all around the TL and the back seats are much more comfortable than in the RDX. Now if he decides he only wants to go Acura I'm recommending the TL and they are offering us a TL with incentives for 30k.

However, I've been playing devil's advocate and I've been trying to get him to look at other cars just so that when he makes a decision, he's going to be happy with whatever is final. I've urged him to check out the likely suspects in BMW 3, the C benz, and the A4. He wasn't pleased by the space of the A4, said it felt cramped, and the price was an issue considering the size.

Price is an issue for him as he's looking to buy instead of lease so the range is 30-40k. My question to you guys is, is a C class or BMW 3 worth the price difference for base models when compared to the TL considering the price? Are the base models of the C and 3 capable cars that will be durable as daily drivers in all weather conditions. The TL's ride and base equipment was very nice and I think it'll be hard to beat. I've also recommended that he check out the Genesis. He's also not interested in a Lexus. So any other recommendations would be great. If it were me, I'd go AWD and something more sporty, so I'm having trouble identifying with the kind of car my dad would ultimately like.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would have him also check out the Infiniti G35. To me it is the best of the bunch for the money and unlike the 3 series also has the option for LSD :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
A family friend just leased a car this past weekend. She was looking at the BMW 3 series, Infiniti G37, Audi A4, and the Mercedes C-class. She ended up choosing the C class, in pearl white I think.

When comparing, apples to apples, the G37 had best-in-class horsepower.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have spent some seat time in everything listed so far and the C-class just seems to feel the best out of them all. The fit and finish is top notch the sheet metal has just recently been refreshed and it rides like you wold expect a benz to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts