Luxury4Play.com banner

4001 - 4020 of 4036 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Jupiter Ascending??? I planned on watching it but saw horrible reviews. What did you think?
I'm gonna be real honest with you: First and foremost, I am a huge Sci-Fi fan! And I'm also a fan of the duo that brought us the Matrix Trilogy, who also are behind this film. That being said... I liked it! Entertaining and attractive characters. Amazing special effects. Tons of action. And a easy to follow and engaging plot.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ex Machina - 4.5/5 Easily one of the best movies I've seen this year or in recent memory.

I agree with you on that. I felt it was a bit better than Age of Ultron. Although it didn't have all the action, top billed actors, and elements that would make a movie a blockbuster, Ex Machina stood on its own.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I agree with you on that. I felt it was a bit better than Age of Ultron. Although it didn't have all the action, top billed actors, and elements that would make a movie a blockbuster, Ex Machina stood on its own.
Ex Machina is cerebral with thought provoking themes.

Ultron was mediocre and I watched it on imax. Try Mad Max on Titan XC to see how real filmmaking is done in this age of craptastic CGI comic book sequels with laughable plots.

Hank Pym developed Ultron in the comics but stupid ass movie studios haven't released Antman so suddenly Bruce Banner and Tony Stark developed Ultron? I almost threw my soda at the movie screen. The masses setting box office records for Ultron have no idea what's going on.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ex Machina is cerebral with thought provoking themes.

Ultron was mediocre and I watched it on imax. Try Mad Max on Titan XC to see how real filmmaking is done in this age of craptastic CGI comic book sequels with laughable plots.

Hank Pym developed Ultron in the comics but stupid ass movie studios haven't released Antman so suddenly Bruce Banner and Tony Stark developed Ultron? I almost threw my soda at the movie screen. The masses setting box office records for Ultron have no idea what's going on.
Like most adaptations, Marvel studio figured why not make the plot confusing for the viewers, rewrite the Ultron project and let Thor bring it to life.
The audience probably careless about what goes on and more interested in seeing their favorite hero on screen kicking ass.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Like most adaptations, Marvel studio figured why not make the plot confusing for the viewers, rewrite the Ultron project and let Thor bring it to life.
The audience probably careless about what goes on and more interested in seeing their favorite hero on screen kicking ass.
QFT mi amigo.

I just need to go in with lower expectations.

Hope Entourage delivers.

Have a sinking feeling Jurassic Park won't 😓

·
Registered
641 Posts
My thoughts exactly when during the preview/trailer they had the line:

"If we do this, we do it my way"... movie cliché fail-factor x100
Lmao so true. The last Jurassic Park had so much fail it's like Friday the 13th with dinosaurs instead of Jason.

Remember when velociraptors were cool?

Seems a lifetime ago. Because it is.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Watched this on Netflix over the weekend, The Babadook. Real good horror movie, though the ending was just a bit strange.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Mad Max (3D) -- 2 out of 4 stars.

Granted--The special effects, stunts and intricately modded vehicles were over the top. But, ummmmm, the plot?

Drive down the street, turn around and drive all the way back. Ummm. Yeah.

This was nothing more than an extremely long Victoria Secret commercial.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tomorrowland -- 3 out of 4 stars. Actually pretty interesting plot. The movie felt like Disney himself made it. It was good -- not good enough for me to want to go see again in the theater, but an enjoyable flick.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Kingsman: The Secret Service - 4/5. I didn't see the trailers when it released, so I thought it was just a spy drama like Tinker tailor soldier spy. I was wrong, the movie is entertaining - just what i would have expected from a director who did Kickass and Xmen- first class.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Jurassic World

3.5/5 Effects were everything and a bag of chips & dip! But it tried too hard to pay homage to the original. Plus, can the writers not have characters doing epic stupid shit repeatedly?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Fantastic Four: 1/2 out of 4 stars.

Rotten tomatoes gave it 1 whole star. They don't even deserve that. Everything about this movie was tired with an overemphasis on rebooting the team. There was no chemistry at all whatsoever between the actors and too much convenience for the sake of continuity of the plot.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Iron Monkey. Probably my 4th or 5th time watching it. But anything with Donnie Yen whopping ass is good in my book.

4001 - 4020 of 4036 Posts