Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am entering the world of home ownership and will be closing on my townhouse shortly. I am eager to start making the house my home and plan to start with the backyard. I want to fence in the yard, create a patio (either with pavers or stamped concrete) for a hot tub/entertaining and try my luck at landscaping. I wanted to know if anybody has ever used software to assist in design as I am not artistically gifted and would benefit in building off of layouts.

Much appreciation in advance to any replies.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
There are many ways you can do it and that all depends on how serious you want to take it. If you were really serious about it you would want to have someone survey your property and send you the survey in AutoCAD format. You can then work with real world dimensions to plan it out exactly how you want it. If you wanted to take a more simpler (and cheaper) approach you can use one of the MANY software programs out there to the DIY'er

Check this one out, its free:

Landscape Software - Download Free to Design & Plan Easily

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are many ways you can do it and that all depends on how serious you want to take it. If you were really serious about it you would want to have someone survey your property and send you the survey in AutoCAD format. You can then work with real world dimensions to plan it out exactly how you want it. If you wanted to take a more simpler (and cheaper) approach you can use one of the MANY software programs out there to the DIY'er

Check this one out, its free:

Landscape Software - Download Free to Design & Plan Easily
Thanks for the advice.

Have you had any experience using that program or any others? I saw several available online, I just dont want to download a bunch or junk that is hard to use.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You'll probably have just as much luck with a piece of paper and some colored pens/pencils - Buy or borrow a few books with photos of gardens/landscapes/pools etc. and steal the elements you like from each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts