Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Lamborghini will be released tomorrow at Paris Motor Show. Let's discuss the upcoming car or concept here. Will the name Asterion be its name? Will it be a 900 hp hybrid as some reports suggest? Also pictures and stuff are more than welcome!:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
I guess it will have more HP than the aventador and it will be the next ultimate supercar replacing for the aventador

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Leaked images in Italian mag. No one knows 100% if these are real but I'd certainly suspect so. Looks too good to be a render, has Huracan design influences, and matches the teaser perfectly.

The side profile almost looks like a Lotus Evora with a bit of FGT and GTR IMO.

Looks to be a 2+2

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
To me the car looks like it would be a 911 competitor. Less aggressive than the 610 or Aventador, 2+2 seating, etc... Seems like they'd throw a de-tuned V10 in and sell it at 150k.

But then they say it will have 900hp which would put it above the Aventador. Makes no sense to me. I guess it could be an FF competitor in a way, but it looks more like a true sports car than a GT. My $0.02

I suppose we'll find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I was kinda hoping they would make the Miura concept I saw....

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
What?? First time I hear about this, is this Aventador replacement?!??

Reactions: In AWD We Trust

·
Registered
307 Posts
So if the rumors are true and it's a 2+2, how the mother did they fit a v10 or v12 in the middle?

count me in for never riding in the back seats of this thing!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Looks sexy. Strange, but sexy.

I have not been as involved with this site or the topic for many months. This is the first time I have seen that there will be a release tomorrow. I am excited and will certainly tune-in.

As for the design, it's a FF competitor (high end 991 lack the back-seat). FF market seems like an extraordinarily narrow market and I'm surprised that Lamborghini would invest so much R&D for a niche audience.

It would make more sense to me for them to produce the four-door Lamborghini Estoque. Seems there would be more potential buyers in the supercar sport sedan hemisphere than in a cramped 2+2 supercar market. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own either.

Regardless, new cars make me happy and I can't wait to see what is in store for tomorrow's release.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Or engine is in front :)
that'd be pretty non Lamborghini of them, but I thought about it & couldn't actually decide whether or not they would do that for this car...I feel like if its 2+2 it pretty much needs to be front engine'd...I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
So stoked to see what they've come up with.
Lamborghini has several paths they could have gone down; let's just hope their decision won't disappoint.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Would be awesome if it were a front engined 2+2

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Is this a CONCEPT car? If so, no freaking bueno. I hate concepts.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts