Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to make this short and to the point. I want to do this:
luxury4play.com/lamborghini/68322-finished-building-my-first-portfolio-winkelmann-19-my-best-lamborghini-shots.html

But I don't have this:$$$
My Max is $350, so my ? Is what can I buy right now that is closest to the quality of the pics from the above thread?? I also would prefer that it have a video with sound mode built in......

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
for $350 you'll be lucky to get half that quality, plus it takes more then just pointing the camera and shooting to get the effect he's gotten

so i guess my recommendation would be a used canon 20/30D for that kinda money

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts
My camera setup was about $4k, and it's not even the best of the best. It's expensive, $350 will not get you much, maybe go up to $800 and pick up a nice D90 or something along those lines. Maybe a D3000, but once again you'll start hitting the 1k range.

I think that Shiraki photo uses my same setup but a D300S if I'm not mistaken.

-Spencer
@Symbolic Motors

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!! I kind of figured that to get quality products you have to pay....I will start with the NIKON p100 and work my way up....the reason its $350 is because there are other things I need to buy....but I figured $1000+ would be average price for good work....I just need a fvcking job!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've been rocking my Nikon D40 for a couple years. You could probably pick one up for not much more than your budget. I would love to get something newer and better but like you, I've got other stuff to buy.

·
Silver Sponsor
1,796 Posts
D40's are awesome, I have one. It was the first SLR I bought. I could even sell you mine if you want it haha.

-Spencer
@Symbolic Motors

·
Registered
588 Posts
you should post in the photography forum, too

the long and short of it is that to get photos like that not only do you need equipment, you need the skills - which come from years of practice. not just practice at photography, but also post processing using tools like photoshop.

just start with something simple like a D40 and GIMP or Photoshop Elements and don't overwhelm yourself.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
it's not the camera alone. it takes years and years of trial combined with talent to even come close to professional photography.

start with a cheap older DSLR like XTi or 40D.

just like racing, a fast car doesn't win the race.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
D40's are awesome, I have one. It was the first SLR I bought. I could even sell you mine if you want it haha.

-Spencer
@Symbolic Motors
Serious!!?? How much?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts