Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Property tax bills are here!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
haha, we got ours a few days ago... i only own a tiny piece and its about $65...

i knew they came in because my dad was pissed off all week, and trying to sell me random pieces of land

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
so this is what its like to be a homeowner.... first house, now first property tax bills. anything else i should be on the lookout for? any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe one of these days proposition 13 will be repealed.
Let's hope not. Having owned land in states without Prop 13, it can hit people on fixed incomes very hard forcing them to sell their houses when they can no longer afford their taxes because of appreciation that does nothing for them.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so this is what its like to be a homeowner.... first house, now first property tax bills. anything else i should be on the lookout for? any advice is greatly appreciated.
Maintenance. Many people love to work on their homes and spend money on them but they hate to pay for what they cannot see. Things in the walls such as proper insulation, water pipes, and other parts of the home that need maintenance here and there. Get these taken care of the beginning and enjoy your living quarters from there.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how much are your local property tax percentages?
1.000000 and then more of .018941 + .003700 + .025159 + .075411 = 0.123211 in addition. ;)

I think I know where this will go from here.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You and me are in the same boat brotha :chums: We just bought our 1st house in April and got the prop. tax bill on Friday and the 1st installment is due Nov. 1st WTF? They should give people more than two weeks notice :(

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You and me are in the same boat brotha :chums: We just bought our 1st house in April and got the prop. tax bill on Friday and the 1st installment is due Nov. 1st WTF? They should give people more than two weeks notice :(
Nobody pays on November 1st. You have until December 10 to pay without penalty. The majority will mail out on that day so you have plenty of time. Glad this thread helped.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
the supplemental bill is coming....

or will they stll do that if there is no increase in value? :confused:

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the supplemental bill is coming....

or will they stll do that if there is no increase in value? :confused:
One might get a supplemental bill the first year of home ownership depending on the estimated tax through escrow and if they shorted it. It does not have to do with an increase in value and is only for the first year.....but he may receive a supplemental later.

On the bill it states that it is due November 1st. He just needs to read the coupon where it states no penalty if postmarked by December 10.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Nobody pays on November 1st. You have until December 10 to pay without penalty. The majority will mail out on that day so you have plenty of time. Glad this thread helped.
ChumpChange you are awesome!! :clap: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: Good to know that I have more than 2 weeks to come up with the 1st installment :D

Thanks for creating this thread.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
One might get a supplemental bill the first year of home ownership depending on the estimated tax through escrow and if they shorted it. It does not have to do with an increase in value and is only for the first year.....but he may receive a supplemental later.
hmm, the los angeles county assessor explains it differently.

it is based on the price difference between the current and the previous purchase price. if the current price is greater, there is a supplemental tax assessed, while if the current price is lower, there will be a supplemental refund.

and as you mentioned, it is only during the first year.

·
Registered
773 Posts
water leaks. huge pain in the a$$

·
Registered
261 Posts
Property tax seems like the most crooked tax ever. Even if your home is paid off, you still have to pay taxes on it, and if you don't pay the tax, you get your home taken away??? I just don't understand the concept of property tax....paying a tax for owning a home??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts