Luxury4Play.com banner

221 - 240 of 764 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
I am so down for a l4p meet at xai, ive been wanting to go there for awhile and havent had the chance. We should do a cruise as well !

Usually if it tastes bad its a bad batch od flavor, it happens occasionally. Sometimes it could be the coal, look into exotic charcoal or coconara coals, they work great for me everytime!

I should be recieving some more samples of guru soon :) i enjoyed orange cocktail and mardi gras.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got 9 of my guru samples in the mail today. Can't wait to try some of them. I think they might have been out of Red Velvet.

Mint, Watermelon, Eastern Peach, Blueberries, Pink Jasmine, London Late Night, Pom Acai, Strawberry Cream, and Mardi Gras.

I can't wait until Green Apple/Cosmic Grape/Brazilian Caipirinha come out. Those would probably be my top 2 synthetic flavors when it comes to frozen beverages/candy etc, and I'm a caipirinha-holic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
How do I go about these free samples you guys speak of ? I think the coals I am using are getting a little messed up by the humidity in the "smoke room" of the basement. I ran a dehumidifier today down there and it seemed to dry the air out and it is smoking a little better =)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Just ordered some social smoke tobacco. Can't wait to try it.
Will also order some guru and see how those are.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am using the ceramic style head that comes with the KHALIL MAMOON hookahs, I put fresh water every time I use it, use a needle point saftey pin to poke holes, I tried less and more holes and it was still getting the same shitty taste. I am just going to say its this tobacco, or maybe a bad batch of coal(three kings)

Three Kings
YouTube - ‪How to, set up a hookah‬‏
Try this, its my video explaining how to set up a hookah. In the vid I am using a KM with a standard Egyptian bowl and smoking AF so its the same setup that you are using. Also, get better coals. I would suggest coco naras, coco jamras, chronic hookah naturals, or razan coals. Any one of them will give a way better results than quicklights.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I will check it out, like I said I am no newb to hookah it just seems the AF pineapple(1st time trying it) doesn't burn well or something. This is the first time this happened so I was leaning towards the tobacco being a bad batch but yesterday I ran a dehumidifier in my "smoking room" and it seemed to dry the air up and I think that was the trick. I never knew the humidity could play a role especially it being such little humidity. I ordered my samples and I am hyped, also tonight I will be smoking some "custom" mix that the owner of one of the shops in the West Village,NYC created himself and sells only to his good customers since its a limited quantity.

Thanks for the help:bow1:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Very cool video Brendan! We are thinking about doing some videos like this/commercials. Maybe you can help.
I can for sure. I know Mike would help out as well.

I will check it out, like I said I am no newb to hookah it just seems the AF pineapple(1st time trying it) doesn't burn well or something. This is the first time this happened so I was leaning towards the tobacco being a bad batch but yesterday I ran a dehumidifier in my "smoking room" and it seemed to dry the air up and I think that was the trick. I never knew the humidity could play a role especially it being such little humidity. I ordered my samples and I am hyped, also tonight I will be smoking some "custom" mix that the owner of one of the shops in the West Village,NYC created himself and sells only to his good customers since its a limited quantity.

Thanks for the help:bow1:
AF can be a tricky tobacco to deal with as of late, the batches have become very inconsistent so that might be part of your issue. Humidity can play a huge part in tobacco smoking right believe it or not. Some brands are more affected than others. Thats cool that you have a custom blend to try. I would suggest getting samples of a bunch of different brands to see what you like best. NP, Im glad to help a fellow hookah smoker. Any other questions, just ask.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Dilancer... what if you don't have a credit card (I've never had one lol)?? How can you order the free samples when that's the only payment option?

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I can for sure. I know Mike would help out as well.
Awesome Great!! I think Mike called me yesterday. I was crazy busy. Tell him I'll try to call him on Monday. :)

Dilancer... what if you don't have a credit card (I've never had one lol)?? How can you order the free samples when that's the only payment option?
Yeah you would have to get a hold of a debit or credit card. Sorry. :bow1:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went with the Mardi Gras instead tonight...it was decent. I know for sure I asked for Strawberry Ice but instead received another flavor, not sure what they gave me instead because its hard to remember after 10 diff flavs haha

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I went with the Mardi Gras instead tonight...it was decent. I know for sure I asked for Strawberry Ice but instead received another flavor, not sure what they gave me instead because its hard to remember after 10 diff flavs haha
It's chaotic right now. Soo many people ordering flavors left and right. I'll let you know when Strawberry Ice is in.

221 - 240 of 764 Posts