Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Panerai 268

The Watch:

Similar to the 190, the 268 is an 8 day manual wound movement, but instead of JLC movement the movement is an in house (panerai) movement. Straightforward differences would be the addition of a date with cyclops and the power reserve on the front of the dial, also the lack of Côtes de Geneve on the movement.

Case of the 268 is thicker than the 190 by around 2mm, this seems very small but on the wrist its thickness is noticed. Movement is an in house P.2002/3 which also was designed to run 10 days total so that the first 8 would be most accurate. The P.2002/3 is a triple barrel movement versus the JLC double barrel movement but last the same amount of time on wrist.

Date is magnified by use of a 1.9mm cyclops UNDER the crystal, and power reserve is displayed as a "tooth" horizontal indicator. Differs from the 190 again as it has the power reserve on dial side versus movement side.

My Thoughts:
I personally feel the 268 is overkill when choosing an 8 day panerai.. the date function is nice but i do not like the power reserve on the front of the watch as it seems to always say 'wind me". The radiomir case can easily be worn with dressy attire or casual depending on the strap chosen. Winding the watch is not as smooth as the 190 but some might like this better as it gives better feedback.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
that's a beautiful strap - may need to buy one for my watch...

- chuck

·
Registered
726 Posts
Watch really looks good. Strap put it on another level. Need to obtain a radiomir, so classy!

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Panerai has this same strap setup, connecting to the watch. When I got it, they told me I cant swap the strap. is this not the case after all? I would love to get some custom straps or just others I can swap for on my watch just to change the look and feel every now and then.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Panerai has this same strap setup, connecting to the watch. When I got it, they told me I cant swap the strap. is this not the case after all? I would love to get some custom straps or just others I can swap for on my watch just to change the look and feel every now and then.
thats why god put the screws on the back, swaps right out.etc

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not a huge fan of the 45mm Radio, great review. But more importantly, love the new watermark.
old watermark, got me in too much trouble.. hence new watermark... people be crazy man.. getting upset over gay stuff like a watermark to a name that doesnt exist/cant be googled/doesnt matter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts