Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I need some serious help - I cannot get an insurance company like progressive/esurance/and some brokers to insure a 458 spider -- they say the value is too high ..

Who does everyone use in the U.S. for insurance? I am looking for a reliable insurance, high deductible is fine ..

·
Banned
308 Posts
hey guys,

I need some serious help - I cannot get an insurance company like progressive/esurance/and some brokers to insure a 458 spider -- they say the value is too high ..

Who does everyone use in the U.S. for insurance? I am looking for a reliable insurance, high deductible is fine ..
I always thought you were in Canada for some reason. Allstate would have insured it, all depending on your status ofcourse.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Have you tried Hagerty or Leland West? I have my Gallardo insured with Leland West as pleasure use vehicle.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Insurance coverage is vastly different for everyone. It's never clear-cut. If you want some insight, shoot a message to the e-mail below.

F-Chat member, who can help you out: [email protected]

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
Hagerty or Grundy??

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
State Farm covers both my 458 and Bentley Continental.

Reactions: pip

·
Registered
641 Posts
State Farm covers both my 458 and Bentley Continental.
Geico covered my 911, wouldn't cover my California. State Farm covered my Cali but was super expensive although great personalized service. I went with a local insurance company that also does my homeowner's and business insurance for a fraction of the cost, prolly because of multiple policies. I notice my premium went up when I switched to the 458 Spider, makes sense 2 seater instead of 4 (barely).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Geico covered my 911, wouldn't cover my California. State Farm covered my Cali but was super expensive although great personalized service. I went with a local insurance company that also does my homeowner's and business insurance for a fraction of the cost, prolly because of multiple policies. I notice my premium went up when I switched to the 458 Spider, makes sense 2 seater instead of 4 (barely).
Think it may be dependent upon the state, although I'm not sure why. I know Geico covers a murcielago roadster in NY

·
Registered
641 Posts
Think it may be dependent upon the state, although I'm not sure why. I know Geico covers a murcielago roadster in NY
For sure. Geico told me they wouldn't insure a car over $200k. Also geico risk stratifies cars iirc my 911 was the 2nd riskiest category to insure and it has vestigial rear seats.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Maybe I'm a relatively younger driver but I have zero points so no incentive to not insure me based on traffic violations.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts