Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some "investigative research" (borderline stalking) on Instagram and found out that Koenigsegg will be setting up a US dealership/service department with EmporioMotorGroup in New Jersey. They will be having a launch party with an Agera (presumably #99) sometime in October. This (again presumably) means their cars will be allowed under CCX US exemptions, unless they have obtained new exemptions.

"Emporio Motor Group serving Jersey City, New York City NY, Atlantic City NJ, Los Angeles CA, Miami FL, and Baltimore MD" - this is great, Koenigsegg will have a good dealership/service department across the US if they partner with them.

If all is true I am extremely excited.

Source: Instagram account: LamborghiniKS - the guy who has a very impressive collection including a Veneno and may consider ordering a Koenigsegg. He posted a picture 2 weeks ago of a Koenigsegg leather jacket, and in the comments someone mentioned the dealership stuff and the dealer commented on the post confirming.

Edit: added picture

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yes, don't know what happened to Emporio Motors, but i belive the Agera (S) HH was delivered through them. Manhattan Motorcars are currently the only official U.S Koenigsegg dealers, but i belive they're setting up more dealerships but in a slow pace. I read somewhere that Manhattan Motorcars have already sold a bunch of cars, and they will be getting a One:1 for 2015. The Agera R they had on display and that was at the NYIAS was never a U.S spec car and was sold elsewhere, i don't know to where though.
Koenigsegg will be present at the Quail in August, and the first U.S Ageras (other than the HH) should start to be delivered sometime in 2015.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
There was a CCXR recently at a car show on Long Island... Other than that I haven't seen any around NY

I was at Manhattan Motor Cars recently and they wouldn't let me into the part of the show room where they normally keep higher end exotics so I wasn't able to see if they had any Koenigsegg's on display.

·
Registered
299 Posts
They dont, They had an Agera R for display for about a week, but the car has returned to europe, was never intended for sale in the US only to show potential customers

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
There was a CCXR recently at a car show on Long Island... Other than that I haven't seen any around NY

I was at Manhattan Motor Cars recently and they wouldn't let me into the part of the show room where they normally keep higher end exotics so I wasn't able to see if they had any Koenigsegg's on display.
That CCXR is currently the only Koenigsegg in NY, there was another CCXR (#62) in Glen Cove, but that was purchased by a collector in Florida.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They had an Agera R for display for about a week, but the car has returned to europe, was never intended for sale in the US only to show potential customers

·
Registered
638 Posts
I honestly had no idea even that many Koenigseggs had been sold in the US. I figured total (CC8S, CCX, Agera) there were maybe 10 cars in the US.

·
Registered
25 Posts
U.S. Koenigseggs so far to my knowledge. Might have missed one, but probably not two.
CC8S #003, visited U.S for a Gumball 3000 race (2003), used (fake) UK License Plate.
CC8S #004, in U.S. for a year (2004), used for show/demo by the US representative at the time.
CCXR #041, probably rebuilt from a new Gulf Spec. CCX.
CCXRS #043, rebuilt from U.S. CCX, later U.S. CCXR.
CCX #044
CCX #046
CCX #048
CCX #049
CCX Edition #058, US. Spec. never been to the US, don't know if it's possible today.
CCX(R?) Edition #061
CCXR #062
CCXR #065
CCXR Special Edition #072
CCXR Trevita #075
Agera R #092, rebuilt from U.S. spec into RHD Asia Spec.
Agera HH #099

Currently 12 Koenigseggs in the US. Most of them are hidden in collections and rarely leave their "garage" or showroom, only a few is registered used for street so far (although all of them should be possible to register).

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Last I had talked to Jens #58 was in a collection stateside and had been delivered, other than that I think you got all of them, can't think of one you missed. CvK was saying at the autoshow that there were either 15/17 I can't remember currently, not sure which ones he was referring to though above and beyond then 12/13 we know about.

·
Registered
638 Posts
U.S. Koenigseggs so far to my knowledge. Might have missed one, but probably not two.
CC8S #003, visited U.S for a Gumball 3000 race (2003), used (fake) UK License Plate.
CC8S #004, in U.S. for a year (2004), used for show/demo by the US representative at the time.
CCXR #041, probably rebuilt from a new Gulf Spec. CCX.
CCXRS #043, rebuilt from U.S. CCX, later U.S. CCXR.
CCX #044
CCX #046
CCX #048
CCX #049
CCX Edition #058, US. Spec. never been to the US, don't know if it's possible today.
CCX(R?) Edition #061
CCXR #062
CCXR #065
CCXR Special Edition #072
CCXR Trevita #075
Agera R #092, rebuilt from U.S. spec into RHD Asia Spec.
Agera HH #099

Currently 12 Koenigseggs in the US. Most of them are hidden in collections and rarely leave their "garage" or showroom, only a few is registered used for street so far (although all of them should be possible to register).
So I wasn't actually too far off. :clap:

Reactions: J_C

·
Registered
25 Posts
Last I had talked to Jens #58 was in a collection stateside and had been delivered, other than that I think you got all of them, can't think of one you missed. CvK was saying at the autoshow that there were either 15/17 I can't remember currently, not sure which ones he was referring to though above and beyond then 12/13 we know about.
#061 is in a collection stateside, it went instead of #058. #058 have probably never been in U.S. for more than maximum a few months in the beginning of it's life (but I doubt that to). #058 is announced for sale at PACE Germany (although they are currently showing #074 at it's place in the showroom). #058 is part of Koenigsegg's Pre Owned Certification Programe.

Only possible "hidden" Koenigsegg I can think of is #067 (said to be in Mexico, but noting the less spotted in "the south"). There is only a few cars that I don't feel have a good picture of, so there isn't much room for extra cars in secret collections ..

·
Registered
65 Posts
According to Top Speed Koenigsegg will being delivering US spec cars this year, which includes a One:1, Agera/R models and an new "entry" level model. As of right now Manhattan Motorcars is the only current US dealer but there are to be 3 additional dealerships opening up within the U.S. and Canada.

Also here are a few pics of that Koenigsegg CCXRS out in Long Island. The car is actually in Syosset. Glen Cove is where the vehicle was sold, if I remember correctly. 250283_661729083940215_527782850725716048_n.jpg 10440755_661729513940172_5245064950033802294_n.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts