Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
The GTBoard event was in the Stockholm area while the Koenigsegg race was filmed at the factory the day after. Koenigsegg is of course not intrested in racing a 1200bhp Nissan and being beat at their own test track. It wouldnt make any sence for them to do so.
But having a race with a Veyron and beat it is of course fantastic marketing for Koenigsegg wich is why the race took place. Koenigsegg would never allow the race at their track if they weren't 100% confident in a win ;)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I guess Christian didn't want me to do something like that here in the US against a SuperSport...
The Koenigsegg is faster 0-200-0, or so the banner at the top of this section says. On this runway I think that may be enough..

You should set up the race BC, fly your SuperSport somewhere, race an Agera R, and show everyone who's the fastest. Set up several teasers like GTboard and generate a ton of page views to the site of your choice. The mere glory of beating Koenigsegg on a global scale should be more than enough motivation. That is, if the Veyron would win.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
The Koenigsegg is faster 0-200-0, or so the banner at the top of this section says. On this runway I think that may be enough..

You should set up the race BC, fly your SuperSport somewhere, race an Agera R, and show everyone who's the fastest. Set up several teasers like GTboard and generate a ton of page views to the site of your choice. The mere glory of beating Koenigsegg on a global scale should be more than enough motivation. That is, if the Veyron would win.... :whistle:
UR TT Stage 2R Gallardo(1750whp) vs Agera R. That would be murder.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
UR TT Stage 2R Gallardo(1750whp) vs Agera R. That would be murder.
And for about the third time on this thread, A highly modified car racing one of the stock cars is pointless. Completley different purposes behind building each of them. Both the Veyron, and Agera can be touring cars, as well as high speed vehicles. The TTG-R cannot be a touring car, it can really be much of anything except a car intended for high speed drag racing, and pure acceleration. Hate to say it again, but at the end of the day someone walks away owning a Koenigsegg/Bugatti, and someone owns a modified Lamborghini. No matter where you go, arriving in one of the first two will turn more heads bone stock, not moving, and not even turned on. While all of the mentioned cars are fantastic feats of engineering, anything to do with a modified GTR, or TTG has no reason to be in this thread. Start another thread and continue the discussion on there.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
And for about the third time on this thread, A highly modified car racing one of the stock cars is pointless. Completley different purposes behind building each of them. Both the Veyron, and Agera can be touring cars, as well as high speed vehicles. The TTG-R cannot be a touring car, it can really be much of anything except a car intended for high speed drag racing, and pure acceleration.
OK. The TTG would be faster, and that is that. Let's not argue, you avatar is an Agera anyway so I don't see this being easy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
And for about the third time on this thread, A highly modified car racing one of the stock cars is pointless. Completley different purposes behind building each of them. Both the Veyron, and Agera can be touring cars, as well as high speed vehicles. The TTG-R cannot be a touring car, it can really be much of anything except a car intended for high speed drag racing, and pure acceleration. Hate to say it again, but at the end of the day someone walks away owning a Koenigsegg/Bugatti, and someone owns a modified Lamborghini. No matter where you go, arriving in one of the first two will turn more heads bone stock, not moving, and not even turned on. While all of the mentioned cars are fantastic feats of engineering, anything to do with a modified GTR, or TTG has no reason to be in this thread. Start another thread and continue the discussion on there.
This guy get's it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Both the Veyron, and Agera can be touring cars, as well as high speed vehicles. The TTG-R cannot be a touring car
What is your reasoning why a TTG can't be a touring car? The only thing that has changed is power, it would feel just like an ordinary Gallardo if you never put your foot down.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I guess Christian didn't want me to do something like that here in the US against a SuperSport...
Shame it didnt work out with your car, as a Koenigsegg enthusiast it really bothered me about what happened. Koenigsegg did a great response on Jalopnik, but they didn't handle the situation as a whole good at all, was really looking forward to some awesome content from your part :(

However..
A race between an Agera R and an SS is all up to the driver in the egg. If the driver knows what hes doing, the Agera R will win, simple as that, both from a standing start and from a rolling start. The Veyron is easy to drive fast, the Koenig though..
Thats why GTBoard always drive from a rolling start, as they want to eliminate driver errors aswell as advantages such as launch control as they want to compare cars rather than drivers.
I assume the Agera S in the GTBoard video was driven by the official Koenigsegg testdriver, and they went with a rolling start so the end result is pretty much given. I guarantee you that the planned SS vs Agera R vs P1 will take place in the exact same way, wich means that it would be very weird if the Agera R didn't win. GTBoard always race that way.

Like i said before, Koenigsegg would never provide a car for the test at their track if they werent 100% sure of a win..

·
Registered
661 Posts
Shame it didnt work out with your car, was really looking forward to some awesome content :(

A race between an Agera R and an SS is all up to the driver in the egg. If the driver knows what hes doing, the Agera R will win, simple as that, both from a standing start and from a rolling start. The Veyron is easy to drive fast, the Koenig though..
Thats why GTBoard always drive from a rolling start, as they want to eliminate driver errors aswell as advantages such as launch control and 4wd as they want to compare cars rather than drivers.
I assume the Agera S in the GTBoard video was driven by the official Koenigsegg testdriver, and they went with a rolling start so the end result is pretty much given. I guarantee you that the planned SS vs Agera R vs P1 will take place in the exact same way, wich means that it would be very weird if the Agera R didn't win.

Like i said before, Koenigsegg would never provide a car for the test at their track if they werent 100% sure of a win..
If you want to compare cars then a rolling start negates the advantages of AWD.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
What is your reasoning why a TTG can't be a touring car? The only thing that has changed is power, it would feel just like an ordinary Gallardo if you never put your foot down.
It doesn't matter. If you want to race a STOCK Veyron, you bring a STOCK Gallardo and see what happens.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I quoted, but alright bud.
I know you meant that a TTG can be used as a Touring car but the fact that this is being brought up in this thread in the first place is lame. OP was talking about stock cars.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts