Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think this deserves its own thread..

A race between Koenigsegg Agera S and a Bugatti Veyron where held in Sweden this weekend.

The results have not come out yet, but hopefully they will come out soon.

GTboard arranged the event.

View attachment 82825

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm sorry but this is a stupid race. If the egg driver knows fvck all what he's doing the bug is going to lose.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My guess is that the Agera S will catch up at the end of the straight.. From earlier events the fastest cars have reached around 300 kph and thats about as long time the Agera needs i think..

·
Registered
299 Posts
This was done at the Koenigsegg factory, so i'm pretty sure its the Koenigsegg testdriver who drove the car, and he is probally the person who know how to drive it the best. I think some other cars participated in the testing aswell ao should be very intresting.

The day before the test they had an event with several other awesome cars, both stock and tuned that raced from 50-300kph+. For instance, Veyron, AMS Alpha 12+, a 1000+ whp Gallardo, 900+ bhp Ford GT..
POVs should be uploaded by Gustav on youtube very soon :) (hopefully)

Can't wait for the Agera S vs Veyron race, should be pretty even. Agera S has the advantage of 29 extra bhp and lighter weight, Veyron has the advantage of 4wd and more torque.. Should be a very good race, most likely the Veyron will get the launch and the Agera S will catch up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
yes i know, however the Veyrons insane torque together with the 4wd should make for a better launch than the K'eggs launch. Hopefully Gustav will put up the videos soon for us all to see.
Heres a video from the event, however it doesn't show much more than the cars standing still. However it does show how incredible the Hundra looks. Seems like CvK is in the passengerseat along with some other guy driving the Hundra (perhaps the owner of the car?).

Bugatti Veyron and Koenigsegg Agera S Hundra - YouTube

·
Registered
220 Posts
:D

Thank god they finally had something cool like this. I assume (and hope) the Agera S wins.
I'd really like to see Agera R vs SuperSport though... But that would be icing on the cake.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love the Bugatti for it's sheer technical brilliance but it's a bit "CORPORATE" for me,whereas the EGG is made by a man who is passionate and did not let up on his dream.
Have to go with the EGG on this and even if it lost,it did so to a worthy opponent.
If I had to choose one for my own,KOENIGSEGG ALL THE WAY!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I love the Bugatti for it's sheer technical brilliance but it's a bit "CORPORATE" for me,whereas the EGG is made by a man who is passionate and did not let up on his dream.
Have to go with the EGG on this and even if it lost,it did so to a worthy opponent.
"Corporate" might be better sometimes, the Volkswagen Group is a very powerful organization and I'm 100% sure there are some pretty passionate people behind the Veyron.

I love Koenigsegg but I am a bit disappointed as a fan after reading a certain thread...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
"Corporate" might be better sometimes, the Volkswagen Group is a very powerful organization and I'm 100% sure there are some pretty passionate people behind the Veyron.

I love Koenigsegg but I am a bit disappointed as a fan after reading a certain thread...
Its hard to look at them the same way after reading that thread. Poor customer service kills a company

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes but that was only one man telling about HIS experiences with the company and i think Koenigsegg had very good answers to those things BC didnt accept.
For me neither Koenigsegg or BC did look good during BC´s "war".. But for me thats now forgotten.

Lets keep this a thread about the upcoming race between the two cars instead..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes but that was only one man telling about HIS experiences with the company and i think Koenigsegg had very good answers to those things BC didnt accept.
For me neither Koenigsegg or BC did look good during BC´s "war".. But for me thats now forgotten.

Lets keep this a thread about the upcoming race between the two cars instead..
I agree.

Was a bit dissapointed by what I read there.
Like I said,Buggati is awesome but I really like the Koeniggseg for this one.

PS: Why not through a Hyura (MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE!!) in there for shit and giggles!! LoL!

·
Registered
115 Posts
If the race is at the Koenigsegg track, I'm sure the Bugatti is going to lose.
I want to see the race at an unbiased track.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If the race is at the Koenigsegg track, I'm sure the Bugatti is going to lose.
I want to see the race at an unbiased track.
How do you expect the race to be biased? Why would Koenigsegg even bother? f its a rolling start there's no doubt the Koenigsegg will win. It has more power and waaayy less weight. Gustav even admitted there was blatant cheating (presumably by the Bugatti) on the last few runs to make it more fun.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
i feel the same way.... Veyron is a technical masterpiece... but its just sterile and soul-less to me... it sparks no emotion when i see it.... if i was filthy rich, id still own a Veyron to appreciate its design and accomplishments, but im sure id have more fun driving a K'segg or especially a Pagani.... a Zonda would be my first purchase no doubt... and a K'segg would be in my top 5 or 10.... Veyron probably makes it into top 20.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts