Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been just doing some research, and as a Top Gear fan, last time I remember a Koenigsegg appearing on Top Gear was the CCX. I mean, the magazine has featured test drives of the Agera & the Agera R in August 2010 and April 2011 respectively, but I am not informed of any plans to feature them on the TV show.

Do you happen to know if Top Gear have already approached Koenigsegg to test drive the Agera/Agera R?
I've looked at the teasers for the Season 18, but neither Koenigsegg's seem to be in it.
Does anybody know something that I don't?

Thanks for the feedbacks in advance.
Regards,
Nick

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
also wondering

·
Registered
91 Posts
just seen in the magazine, powertest season 18: bmw m5, maserati gt mc stradale, merc sls roadster, vauxhaul corsa nurburgring edition, merc c63 amg black series...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just seen in the magazine, powertest season 18: bmw m5, maserati gt mc stradale, merc sls roadster, vauxhaul corsa nurburgring edition, merc c63 amg black series...
None of these cars are hypercar category really...Anyway, IMO, apart from the M5 and the C63 Black Edition, the other cars do not even stir any emotions for me...Why do I have the feeling that Top Gear are ignoring the Agera range? :( Maybe it's just me though.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I guess it's because they don't liked the CCX which was later outfitted with the TopGear wing because it spun out too easy.

Matt Farah was banned from the Porsche test fleet because he didn't liked the color of one Porsche on the NY Auto Show.

So maybe Top Gear is banned from Koenigsegg?!

·
Registered
479 Posts
i think they crash one ccrx so maybe koenigsegg don't let them touch another car for the show (sorry for my poor english)
Top Gear has actually been involved with two eggsmashes... Obviously the CCX Stig crashed into the tire wall but also, as you mentioned, a CCXR. The CCXR crash wasnt Top Gears fault though since the reporter was only a passenger when that happened. The man who drove it worked for Koeningsegg.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Koenigsegg N.A asked to have a clients car brought to an event, and they said in talking to my friend at the show they were going to break the top gear record, so just wait and see what happens ;)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Koenigsegg N.A asked to have a clients car brought to an event, and they said in talking to my friend at the show they were going to break the top gear record, so just wait and see what happens ;)
Doesn't sound likely, as:

1) Why would Top Gear request a car from a Koenigsegg customer in the U.S., when there are Agera's/Agera R's in Europe (in much closer proximity)?
2) Besides, the Artico is the first one coming to North America, and it will take some time before other North American Agera's make it to their customers anyway

You may be right, but I find it highly doubtful TBH

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am sure that Koenigsegg would love to have Top Gear review the Agera/R. The reason why they haven't scheduled one is probably because of how difficult it is to...well, schedule one. These cars are extremely limited. There probably aren't a lot of owners out there that want to have multiple people (at least one of the hosts, and the Stig) driving their car let alone pushing its limits. It's relatively rare when TG is able to review such a rare vehicle. MOST of the time they are reviewing cars that are more mass produced.

I am sure we will see an Agera/R stretching its legs around the TG track as soon as they are able to find one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe it is currently scheduled to be in production, give it few weeks, I remember reading the news somewhere. It should take over the #1 spot.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
No not an American Agera R, an Koenigsegg spokesperson was at an event here in the U.S with the clients CCXR SE, and said that the factory would have an Agera R on the show soon and it was going to break the record for sure.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm sure it will be on there eventually, they always end up doing everything eventually!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, who knows if they'll ever feature the Agera or the Agera R (though I'm quite pessimistic). In any case, we will not be ble to find out until the new season starts in January anyway

1 - 20 of 58 Posts