Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a used kobold from a friend. I was with him when he bought it in 08 but his home was flooded two years ago and the box papers were destroyed.

I am curious if kobold will replace them (I emailed but haven't heard back yet) and at what cost. Also, watch runs about 30 seconds fast a day. Is this something that is within normal standards or should it be serviced. If serviced how much should I expect to pay?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did contact kobold. Thursday. Haven't heard over the weekend so I posted and curious about personal experience

·
7,022 Posts
I can't say that I have ever had a similar experience to what you have described.

However, it is a relatively small, "family like" business and I know that they will work with you. As far as replacing paper goes, don't expect much. If they have a box, I am certain they will sell you one. You may be able to get some sort of verifying paperwork as a result of the service. For that reason, in addition to the timing issue, I'd arrange to have it sent to them for proper service, maintenance, etc. When arranging this maybe you could request some sort of official paperwork from them verifying authenticity. It won't be the same as the original paperwork, but better than nothing.

As far as response to emails (still the best way), they are not quick. I bought a knife (pre order) from Kobold and there were delays on release, etc. When I emailed them regarding this and requesting updates, they always responded to my emails, but never promptly.

Best of luck.

By the way, who did you email? I may be able to PM you the email that I corresponded with in the past.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Blair. I just contacted them through the online form on the webpage. I know it's a tiny company with like five full time employees so I didn't expect an immediate reply. I just needed a price quote and process for sending in etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts