Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been lightly looking around for an e30 or e36 for a few months. I've got some ideas for a new project and a 3 series would make for a great platform. Rewind a couple weeks ago I get a call from my father who was visiting some family in Chicago. During the call he informs me that his cousin would like to gift his 1991 318is to me. It had been given to him as a college graduation present brand new in 1991 by a close family friend. He has kept great care of it over the years but has a couple other cars now and he just doesn't drive it anymore. So last weekend I flew up to Chicago to check it out. Let's just say I was blown away to see how clean it was. I'll let the pictures show you.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Wow, that how I like it. Congrats. Let us know hoe things go.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats..! I have fond memories of that same car and my god father. We hopped a hill (6 inches of air maybe, felt like 5ft when your a kid) up here in West Seattle when he was trying to show off. hahah.. will never forget that memory.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What a clleeaannnnnn e30..... Reminds me of my first car.
Enjoy in good health

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
there is no way in hell that is from chicago... or it sat in a garage during the winter.

the salt eats away everything here!!!

but very clean ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow its amazing how many people have had an E30, mines my first car, and i love it, its a great starting place for any project.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Wow.....

nice foundation you have there clean

Now yank out the weed whacker motor and throw in a stroker

M that bitch up!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow.....

nice foundation you have there clean

Now yank out the weed whacker motor and throw in a stroker

M that bitch up!
Thanks for the kind words guys! It is a bit Chicago underneath but it was always garaged and washed frequently. The weed whacker motor will be coming out but it won't be an M motor going back in, lol. Instead a 5.3 with a turbo and T-56. I appreciate everything BMW but I also appreciate everything fast so this project is going to be a little different. :D

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Really cool. Nothing like a family car given to you that nice. Interested to see the final result. I'd leave it as stock looking as it can. Congratulations.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts