Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
you're kidding me right? those are disgusting, and I don't think Kanye should pursue a fashion career, let alone "intern" with Louis Vuitton.

If you read details magazine, you came across this interview:
"Take the word gay—like, in hip-hop, that's a negative thing, right? But in the past two, three years, all the gay people I've encountered have been, like, really, really, extremely dope. Y'know, I haven't, like, gone to a gay bar, nor do I ever plan to. But where I would talk to a gay person—the conversation would be mostly around, like, art or design—it'd be really dope. From a design standpoint, kids'll say, 'Dude, those pants are gay.' But if it's, like, good, good, good fashion-level, design-level stuff, where it's on a higher level than the average commercial design stuff, it's, like, gay people that do that."

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
IMO kanye has pretty cool designs, I will buy the tasle LV'S and the black and pink yeezy's that come out in spring.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
just read that article in detail, so I guess those shoes are pretty gay.

I'd rock 'em. Actually dig the tassle ones, black are pretty stealth

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
In the first pic, the white pair of shoes in the background are also Kanye designed LV's.
I don't really dig these but I am definitely going to be getting a pair of the Jeezy's. Probably the gray ones, they are the first ones that are coming out April 2nd.

·
Registered
964 Posts
you're kidding me right? those are disgusting, and I don't think Kanye should pursue a fashion career, let alone "intern" with Louis Vuitton.

If you read details magazine, you came across this interview:
"Take the word gay—like, in hip-hop, that's a negative thing, right? But in the past two, three years, all the gay people I've encountered have been, like, really, really, extremely dope. Y'know, I haven't, like, gone to a gay bar, nor do I ever plan to. But where I would talk to a gay person—the conversation would be mostly around, like, art or design—it'd be really dope. From a design standpoint, kids'll say, 'Dude, those pants are gay.' But if it's, like, good, good, good fashion-level, design-level stuff, where it's on a higher level than the average commercial design stuff, it's, like, gay people that do that."
I had to read this 3 times to somewhat understand it.

The only shoes remotely good looking are the 4th pic. Everything else is flashy for the sake of being flashy..

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Hes an idiot
It's a matter of opinion. He's cocky, arrogant and not always the wittiest on his feet, and truth be told I'm not really a fan of his music, but he is far from an idiot.
He has effectively produced multi-platinum records, sold millions himself, won grammy's and basically been successful at everything he has laid a finger on. These shoes will all sell out and that's just good business sense on both his part and LV's.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
It's a matter of opinion. He's cocky, arrogant and not always the wittiest on his feet, and truth be told I'm not really a fan of his music, but he is far from an idiot.
He has effectively produced multi-platinum records, sold millions himself, won grammy's and basically been successful at everything he has laid a finger on. These shoes will all sell out and that's just good business sense on both his part and LV's.

Well said...

·
Registered
3,834 Posts

Agreed. He is talented and far from a idiot. bathing ape was once considered stupid, but it was banking millions.

·
Banned
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's good friends with Marc Jacobs, thats how he was able to get that connection with LV to design a sneaker.
Marc J. is the one he is referring to, when he says '' i know really cool gay people''. I wouldnt call him an idiot, but just someone with no sense of humor.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts