Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 06 M5 yesterday. I have looked at these cars for the last 6-8 months. I was ready to part with my 01 Carrera 4 and I debated between the M5 and a CLS 55. I have a baby on the way so the M5 offers more room of course plus I am a prior M3 owner so I love BMWs.

So far I have nothing but great things to say about the car. My Porsche wasn't a daily driver and the M5 won't be either. I will however drive it much more than the C4.
Here are a few quick shots until I get to take some of my own.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Congrats! I love the wheels!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Congrats on the baby and the car, T! I loved what you did with your 996 and can't wait to see what's in store for your new ///M. Bring it by when you get a chance. Enjoy it in good health!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!! I really love this car.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
congrats, enjoy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any planned mods??.. Lets do a photoshoot one day man!
I mod all my cars but this one may be a little less than the others for now anyway. I am working on finding the last or original owner who is from MD. I found pictures of the car posted on the Forgestar website. The car has Forgestar 19x9s and 19x11 F14s and an exhaust system that I know about right now. I also think it may have some other stuff too.

I would love to get together some time for shots.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to join you if this happens, D.[/QUOT]

As soon as the car gets detailed I want to get some shots Fookie. I had already been thinking about this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice! How fast (shift speed) is that SMG?
Pretty quick. I know it is slower than the Porsche PDK but it shifts quick when all the settings are turned on.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Superb choice!....I picked up one up as well not too long ago having 2 little kids myself.

As far as mods....first thing you should do is exhaust - I went with Eisenmann, very loud, but clean....then wheels.

Not too much to mod in terms of engine as the V10 already has 500+ hp.
Although ESS is developing a supercharger for it, so I'm waiting for that!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
+1 on the exhaust

I went with the eisenmann race

a bit load when cold but perfect when warm
very little droan and musical at WOT

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
great car, like seeing good cars around dc

1 - 20 of 28 Posts