Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just saw the new Breitling Superocean and I have fallen in love with it..lol Just not sure what one to get. I know its a personal preference but I am stuck, SS or rubber strap??. I have a few watches but no Breitlings yet and I would love to add one to the collection. Any idea's, or feed back would help...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I picked up the SS/black version as Christmas gift to myself…love the rubberized bezel. The red one seems to be more popular here in Tokyo.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Get the SS bracelet then if you want you can get different bands as you go. That SS bracelet will never be as cheap as it is from the factory.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
I have the yellow SO and I got the bracelet also.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
The bracelet is very high polished and scratches can be seen very easily. I would recommend the rubber strap if you're actually using it for diving. If it is just being used for occasional wear, then go with the Pro 2.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
If you can afford it, this is the watch you should choose. Brand new model and Breitling's own movement the 01. I have many watches and the 01 IS THE BEST MOVEMENT I own, have had or used before. Right now my B01 is running +/- 1 at most in 30 days. I think it's really 0 but I think I might just be missing a second + or -. I've never had a watch run in such tolerance.
The Black Seal/00183 was going to be my 2011 purchase, however I may make a substitution. Next month i'll be back in Honolulu…hopefully someone will have one in stock for a closer look.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Get the SS bracelet then if you want you can get different bands as you go. That SS bracelet will never be as cheap as it is from the factory.
^^^^this

When I am asked which one I always say.....both:clap::clap::lol:

Plus it is one of the breitlings that has wide enough lugs to get a couple aftermarket straps ala rob montana too:whistle:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the one!!

And yes I know this was in the wrong spot but thank you guys for the help!!! I just got it and pics will be up tom!!!

·
Banned
35 Posts
That's their intention…"Breitling is now giving fresh impetus to this legendary collection by launching a Superocean with an entirely revamped design."
I would take the good old Steelfish over this any day, this one looks more Invicta than Breitling. What in the world were they thinking? :eek:hwell:

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
I would take the good old Steelfish over this any day, this one looks more Invicta than Breitling. What in the world were they thinking? :eek:hwell:
Apparently they were thinking smart. This watch was sold out for the first run. Just now we are starting to see the second run hit the stores. It is one of Breitlings most popular watches in the last few years.

·
Gold Sponsor
1,534 Posts
Apparently they were thinking smart. This watch was sold out for the first run. Just now we are starting to see the second run hit the stores. It is one of Breitlings most popular watches in the last few years.
+1. i like it. esp the blue one on black rubber, great casual watch. and cant beat it for the money.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I picked up the SuperOcean Heritage with the Bentley bracelet. If you are in the mood for something you don't see everyday, check it out.

Fair warning, like Cadillac said, the polished bracelets do scratch easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts