Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From a place I never thought I'd ever be comfortable doing so. The internet.

I never would have felt comfortable doing this before, but I had stumbled upon this site previously through a link on GQ or something, the company is Indochino. (Hope I'm not breaking any rules, I am fairly new here. I am not paid to indorse, just jealous I didn't run with this idea first, lol.) I remember reading the startup's story and was impressed by the idea.

Also a contributing factor, it's not my choice. lol. I've been chosen to be a groomsman in my sister's wedding and they opted to go with the company. But there seems to be lots of high end features on it which is cool! Plus I got a free french cuffed white dress shirt and cotton tie. So I'm sold.

Grey suits, fairly basic. But they look nice:

Anyways, keep your fingers crossed for me that they turn out as good as they should. I am 100% taking advantage of their $75 credit towards a local tailor to make minor adjustments.

Maybe I've been watching too many Mad Men reruns, but I am beyond excited to be buying my first custom suit, regardless of that fact that it's off the net. It lacks the intimate feel of a going to an old master tailor and dropping a few grand, but at this point in my life this'll do!

I'll keep you guys updated if it meets my expectations.

·
Extra Mustard
16,977 Posts
always a good thing to build your own suit~

Zegna just hit me with about 50 different (plaid) silk fabrics for a custom 3pc custom

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
always a good thing to build your own suit~

Zegna just hit me with about 50 different (plaid) silk fabrics for a custom 3pc custom
Ya I just ordered a few myself... Ya. :whistle: You had to rain on my parade! LOL.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
IMO a suit should be made custom, the way a well fitted suit looks compared to an off the rack one is insanely different!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I might just order one from there. Let me know how you like it if you can, once you receive it.
Absolutely, I will post my verdict once I get it. Hopefully will be here this week!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looking forward to hearing about these suits. Need 1 for myself and 7 for the groomsmen

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They had a deal for a free custom made shirt and a tie with your suits if you had more than 5!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I ordered a few when I was in HK in December and they are the best suits I have ever worn. I ordered Loro Piana and Zegna fabrics and the tailor was Tai Pan Row. They are coming stateside in a month or so and I look forward to their show so I can order some more:) From now on, I will only buy tailored suits!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good for you and thanks for the link. I just picked up my first tailored blazer the other day and it fits amazing from now on all my stuff will be tailored.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Suit shipped before the weekend, they promised a fast delivery. Should be here tomorrow or the next day.

My thoughts/impressions to follow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Suit shipped before the weekend, they promised a fast delivery. Should be here tomorrow or the next day.

My thoughts/impressions to follow.
looking forward to the review!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am told it arrived this morning. I will post my thoughts tonight!

Delivered "free" in the time promised. Considering I am in Canada and it had to go through customs I was pleased with the speed.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am told it arrived this morning. I will post my thoughts tonight!

Delivered "free" in the time promised. Considering I am in Canada and it had to go through customs I was pleased with the speed.
sooo....... did you get it???

1 - 20 of 55 Posts