Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My perfumes have received rave reviews from major bloggers and am getting more press and a bit of a cult following. My work is mostly natural and nothing like the Paco Rabanne scene. If you are interested in cutting edge scents and a growing line of unique scent profiles then check out my website and my webstore ~ Phoenicia Perfumes. Thanks mates and happy sniffing and being sniffed.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You should definitely hire someone to improve the website for you. Even something relatively simple can look good like this. I'm by no means an expert so I can't really give you any solid advice. Best of luck!

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you are looking for expensive websites and overpriced perfume shop at Clive.....I'm selling art to fume heads, Clive is garbage.
You're missing my point. It doesn't have to be an expensive website. If your going to be using your website why not do it right and have it look good? What's the worst that could possibly come of it? Building a good website is an investment and in most cases (and I strongly believe it is in yours,) is a solid investment.

I don't know anything about Clive, I just googled perfume and looked for one with a decent website, nor do I care about the quality of their product.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/small-business-network/2013/jan/24/create-good-business-website

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand i came off rudely and am sorry and i do agree that my website needs upgrade but that really is not the foremost aspect of my business. My business sells through social media where people who have a very eclectic and intense interest in perfume will state their likes and dislikes in fora and on FB. These people do not care about packaging, websites, marketing or anything of the ilk. Most perfumes cost two dollars to make and are made in one of four labs in the world. The company that makes the perfume then spends ten times that amount on marketing, website and packaging. My clientele don't bat an eyelash at spending a thousand dollars for my perfumes if they want it in a normal size bottle. It's like buying art for these people, they are moved by the critics, social media and their own quest for stuff that smells nothing like standard perfumes.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Seriously though, Congrats on launching the business but you really need a site upgrade. Making a website pretty will encourage people to stay on said site and purchase from you. A good looking website will give off a more professional vibe which will make people comfortable buying from you.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
are your perfumes synthetics or are they like Creed's lines? I haven't had a chance to check the site yet. Do you do any sort of sample program like Creed? I'd love to be able to try a few that appeal to me before making a large order.

·
Registered
576 Posts
pretty cool stuff! Good luck man

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
holy shit that website is terrible

your juice might be the best but I wouldnt buy from a website like that.

heed the advice of these guys and get it worked on

·
Registered
576 Posts
holy shit that website is terrible

your juice might be the best but I wouldnt buy from a website like that.

heed the advice of these guys and get it worked on
maybe hipsters like it

joking aside,...just because people buy the perfumes through social media, doesn't mean you're not missing out on potential customers because of your fly-by-night looking website. You can even do it yourself for under $500 using wordpress and buying an ecommerce theme.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just to show you I'm serious, I spent a few minutes making a splash page. No logos or anything, just grabbed some text off of your website and threw some css effects on there. Excuse the web address. Hosting it on a small site I made for my brother's fishing stuff. I like getting back into this stuff!

Phoenicia Perfumes

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just to show you I'm serious, I spent a few minutes making a splash page. No logos or anything, just grabbed some text off of your website and threw some css effects on there. Excuse the web address. Hosting it on a small site I made for my brother's fishing stuff. I like getting back into this stuff!

Phoenicia Perfumes
Already much better than the original but still needs work. Good job so far!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats on the launch! I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but your website needs major improvements!

You have to understand you need customers to come to your website and see a professional layout. It's like going to a restaurant, would you rather by from the dirty run down restaurant or clean neat restaurant? Keep in mind both places have good food. Most likely everyones going to the clean one.

It doesn't matter just how good the product is. You have to make the customer feel attracted to the website and product. You want them to read and search the products.

I wish you luck on this new endeavor!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Phoenicia Perfumes

Colors and fonts need some work but it's better for sure. The current one looks super 90s.

My preference in design is much like my tumblr, check that out for a taste of modern, clean, and simple.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Awesome little venture David. Good luck with the business and like it has been said, a newer refreshed website would go a long way.

All the best

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Okay guys, i get the message loud and clear and promise a clean website machine within the week. PM sent to the guy who wants to work on their CSS. Wickedlysane all my perfumes are at least 80% natural organic essential oils and the only reason i use any synthetics is that i create some pretty strange scent profiles. As for Creed, well there is a lot of debate in the niche perfume world as to exactly how natural Creed really is....I'm not here to go there and def don't want to diss your man's scent profile, believe me he is way ahead of the general quality curve and Creed Anteus is worshiped by a large segment of the niche perfume wearing world. My very first high end scent was an old one by Creed called Erolfa. If any of you live in the New York area I will be at the nation's most upscale fragrance trade show in August and may be able to get some guest passes...pm me.

This is a perfect time to redo the site, i have two new frags coming out in the next two months, perfumes when they are natural need to macerate anywhere from 1 to 6 months before they are really developed enough to bring to market. One of my perfumes sat for two years and i just released it. Don't buy it cause it smells like horsesh*t, but in the middle east this scent is revered by sultans and i have even sold my blend to members of the Moroccan royal family. Also, i have three reviews coming out in Fragrantica which is the world's largest english speaking fragrance site and at that point i will defnitely be getting traffic from strangers...anyway, the juice is awesome, in it's own unique and oftentimes challenging way.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Good luck! I agree that your website needs some improving. I don't think it's terrible, but your website is what many of your potential customers will see first, and what they will judge you by. I know that if I go to a website, and it looks old/rundown and has glitches, I am automatically not buying anything from that brand. Even if you make a great product, a good website is also necessary.

Edit: You posted at the sametime I did. Nevermind.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts