Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to this forum. Enjoying what I see thus far.

Wow. That's all I have to say. I will try not to ramble, but Im so excited and had so much fun, I just can't help it.

I have been lurking, searching, coveting... I finally found EXACTLY what I have been searching for. I just flew out to Los Angeles to pick up an '09 GT-R (white/gray, 12k miles) and drove it 740 miles back home. What an experience I HIGHLY suggest any of you looking, thinking of buying one that is far away... get it and drive it home. I have bought 2 other cars in the past and had them shipped to me. I had no idea what experience I was missing out on.

If you knew me, you would know that I have been through about 3 cars in the past 2 years (built '64 Chevelle Twin Turbo show car - too stressed to drive and enjoy it, heavily modded C5 Z06 - super fun, super fast, just a C5! heavily modded-Awesome 996TT - Amazing track car - But I have never tracked, and it was just barely too rough and not comfortable enough - and too "high speed" oriented. I need faster off line) Its been kind of like dating. I just wasn't happy with them and couldn't find the right mate. Like a very picky bachelor, I have a LOOOOONG list of standards the car must meet to satisfy me (Must be good looking! I'm 36, I have 3 young kids, so back seat, although minimal is must. I live in small town. No tracks, no drags, etc. So I have a few specific performance standards) What makes it so hard is that I live in a relatively small town, so there is not even another GT-R in this town. I had never sat or rode in one before test driving this one. This time.... I THINK I may have finally found my mate!!! I say THINK because the verdict is still out and I've only had it 24 hrs.

The car is the best "all around" car I have ever had. Others lacked in technology (ie. stereo, nav, etc), comfort, style, etc. I am SHOCKED at how much attention it got. Of course, this car has all badging removed. Every single stop at a gas station along the way, I was delayed because people would stop to chat, and ask about it. Because its de-badged, its funny. I even had 2 different people at 2 different stations ask if it was the "new Lexus".

I know many will say "worthless without pics" I am working on it. Have to get her cleaned up. Im a little anal. Removing wheels, so I can clean brakes, suspension, complete wheel, etc. I'll throw in a teaser or two below. I've only had it 24 hours and already done a couple of mods.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
welcome to the 4! awesome gtr!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Welcome bro, sweet car I am trying to get my roof wrapped flat black now it looks so sick!!!!!

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
What wheels are those? Best I've seen so far on the R35.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Nice. Congrats on the R35! Very tastefully modded.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. The wheels are MHT monotec forged. I purchased the car from a forum member. That's how I learned about the 4! He was great to deal with. Not mentioning names yet, until title comes thru and also respect his privacy, but most will know immediately. I think it's obvious.

Already done a few minor mods. Lots more in store. Gotta make her my own:)

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Congrats!
Not only on the purchase but also that you drove it 700+ miles and it didnt brake down.
Looks like the tuner knew what he was doing.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Congratulations... this is definetely one of the best cars, especially for the price... we try and keep 2-3 pre owned in stock to sell, and usually roll one per month. Welcome to the 4!

·
Registered
934 Posts
welcome to the 4!!!! and great looking car

1 - 20 of 25 Posts