Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

So probably in the next year i'm gonna get new vehicle, i've had it with the ML and all the b.s, went from loving mercedes to hating it and so on.

I've always had an eye for the jeep grand cherokee especially the srt (but I probably won't get that). I'm just wondering what the reliability is like. Can I go over 150,000+ miles without it having constant problems ? I have a '07 charger has 160,000 and its runs like it did when I bought it, only twice I had to take it into the shop,once for a wheel axle, other was, my dad was cleaning the engine and messed something up, easy fix. Overall i'm extremely impressed with chrysler and very disappointed with mercedes.

Thanks. :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
We bought a Limited 5.7L a while ago after doing quite a bit of research. Went with the V8 over the V6 due to what looked like higher than normal failure/issue rates with the V6/tranny combo. We also did not get the QuadraLift suspension due to read about quite a few compressor failures. The interior is also a damn nice place to be- heated/ventilated front seats, heated rear seats...fit and finish is quite good.

Also, not sure if it's available north of the border, but we bought the Lifetime Mopar warranty for a ridiculously cheap price. Covers everything except wear items with a $100 deductible.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes

We have two as "pool cars" (everybody drives them) as work vehicles.
As "pool cars" they are neglected just about as much as a car can take, as yet no issues. They are both 2012 / 13 mods and have stood up to whatever was thrown at them.

One even had a major crash into the rear and protected the driver (me) quite well.

As a non jeep owner I am quite impressed with them and definitely would consider owning one!!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks for the posts. Looking at the new eco-diesels they are priced around $60,000 here :faint2: For about $10k more I could get the srt, I know, I know, one is good on fuel other one just burns it. Anyway i'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I used to own an older Grand Cherokee and it never gave me problems. One of my friends has a '97 with 300,000+ miles on it and he treats it pretty rough

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Awesome thanks for the posts. Looking at the new eco-diesels they are priced around $60,000 here :faint2: For about $10k more I could get the srt, I know, I know, one is good on fuel other one just burns it. Anyway i'll see what happens.
Jeepgarage.org has a ton of info on the WK2, I read through everything they have re the WK2 Hemi and I learned a lot. I recommend doing the same for the EcoDiesel, it's a great resource.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I've got a few buddies with SRT-8's.... So far so good! I think they're both going in for S/C's in the near future.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I picked up a '14 SRT about 6 months ago. I'm in love.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My sister just bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee and it is great. I'm not sure which packages it has but it is fairly loaded as far as features. The only draw back is she opted for the V6 instead of V8 so it is a bit of a slug.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2013 Jeep SRT owner here, no issues!

edit: check out this thread here, discussed some issues regarding what you have already read.
http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/124512-need-input-fam-jeep-gc-overland-vs-ford-explorer-limited.html
The know issues on the 2014s are involving the new radio stack but Jeep has really been quick to address issues with them. I have yet to hear anything involving the new 8spd transmission, and I LOVE the new headlamps on the Overland and higher packages!
Would love, LOVE to get the srt, my buddies dad has a '07, everytime I talked to him he had no serious problems. I do travel a lot + the vehicle I would use for work so fuel wise it would burn a hole in my pocket, the diesel would be my best bet.

The newer ford explorer are nice, however i'm not big on fords and the local ford dealership in town is a rip off. We have a ford ranger for work, every time we take it to the dealer for service would take it to the town next over. Thats another issue, if the vehicle has to be taken to a certified dealer I want something thats in town. With the ML the mercedes dealer is an hour away, takes 3 weeks to make an appointment, and then I have to make another one to have any problems or issues fixed.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I used to own a '94 and that was one of the best, problem free vehicles i have ever owned. I was telling my wife this morning that after looking at all the receipts from service for our '99 Lexus GS, I am now realizing that it was an expensive money pit basically the whole time we owned it. I wanted an LX570 until I saw all those receipts. We may go back to Jeep also, can buy 2 of those for the price of the LX.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts