Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
As Big Kaz mentioned, price drives a big part of perception and satisfaction. Look at the different enthusiast forums, you'll see several threads justifying/asking purchases of a "sports car vs GT" or "sports sedan vs luxury SUV". Whether or not the F-Type "beats" the M6 and S550 is secondary to a lot of people, image is where the Jag takes a big hit.

In some way, this parallels the Camry/Accord vs Hyundai/Kia argument. The Korean cars are in many ways "better", but a lot of people remember the Hyundai Excel of the 80s/90s, so to keep up, the Sonata/Optima have to price their cars a little lower and/or offer 10 year warranties.
Uh, no. Price similarity never drives segment perception for actual buyers. Please find me a person that is actually cross shopping a F-Type and GT-R. And you'll also find that people that are making those threads aren't the smartest, and generally have no idea what they want or anything about cars in general.

And I highly doubt people make decisions on what to buy based on the car maker's history from 20 years ago. Recent history? Yes. F*cking 20 years ago? No. If anyone objects to this feel free to comment.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Uh, no. Price similarity never drives segment perception for actual buyers. Please find me a person that is actually cross shopping a F-Type and GT-R. And you'll also find that people that are making those threads aren't the smartest, and generally have no idea what they want or anything about cars in general.

And I highly doubt people make decisions on what to buy based on the car maker's history from 20 years ago. Recent history? Yes. F*cking 20 years ago? No. If anyone objects to this feel free to comment.
lol, I am deciding between an F type coupe r and nismo gtr BUT I am not cross shopping them based on price. I understand they are two COMPLETELY different cars but I cant choose if I want a sport/luxury or sports/performance car for my next DD. I get your point and I 100% agree with you. I have this same discussion with ppl saying a GT500 and M3 are in the same segment because of price

·
Registered
276 Posts
Are we not allowed to discuss cars on this site? Geez why ppl saying " sorry didn't mean to start a debate" or " calm down"...is this not what a forum is for? Lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
538whp? Wow talk about underrated, it's probably more like 600 crank hp.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
The funny thing is half of you are throwing around buying these cars by a performance standard. Most of you (if not all of you) are playing strictly by what you read in magazines and race track performance. People in that segment, 90% don't give a single shit if the 991 can pull .5 second faster lap times. It's all about the looks, interior, status and image. This car delivers on all those categories AND has the performance to match for those who are in the market for a performance car.

Read more about this car, it's way more capable than people are giving it credit for. Lastly, the V6-S is the performance car in this line, it has the power and handling that is beating its rivals. The car is impressive all across the line and yes it's expensive, but it's not the most expensive in this category. I love this car and I love the direction Jaguar has been heading with it's line. It's about time they are back in the game and taken seriously.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts