Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IWC-Pilots-Watch-Chronograph.jpg

IWC announces its first new watch of 2012 with a piece titled after the location of a US Marine Corps base in San Diego. Miramar is the location of the Naval Air Station and where TOPGUN pilots are trained. For a while now IWC has been proud of its Top Gun labeled aviator watches and 2012 sees the continuation and extension of that collection.

Pilots-Watch-IWC-Top-Gun-Miramar.jpg

According to IWC 2012 is going to be the year of the pilot watch for the brand. It seems as though their new strategy is to focus on specific product families each year. Last year IWC focused on a major refresh of their Portofino watches, and the Pilot collection gets all the attention this year. One of IWC's most popular models is their Big Pilot watch, which should also see a notable addition this year.

read more [here] (not my blog or website)

What do you think of the new IWC announcement?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
It would look so much better without that inner red hour marker ring. Really inelegantly incorporated into the dial IMO.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I just hope it doesn't have the top gun markings on the back of it.

*Edit- Checked the photos and it does...fail.

·
Registered
469 Posts
What terrible timing! IWC creates a "TOPGUN Miramar" watch RIGHT AFTER the Navy moves the TOPGUN school to Nevada. And by "right after" I mean "eighteen years after"

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
What terrible timing! IWC creates a "TOPGUN Miramar" watch RIGHT AFTER the Navy moves the TOPGUN school to Nevada. And by "right after" I mean "eighteen years after"
LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts